A Week Like A Rainbow
It's Sunday today. If it was any other sunday, i would've slept until 10 am atleast. But as they say "With great powers come great responsibilities",and now that I am Aisha's coach for the finals, I should be more responsible.
Therefore, I had to sacrifice my extra sleep. I woke up, looked through my phone and saw that she had texted me.
"Let's visit Adventure Island today. It will be fun!!"
Adventure Island is basically just an amusement park in New Delhi. I was shocked to see that a girl, who will be playing the Inter-School Women's Badminton Competition Final just the day after tomorrow, insisted about visiting an amusement park instead of practicing.
I immediately dialed her number and called her.
- "Hello senior, good morning."
- "Good morning. I just wanted to talk about your text message......."
- "Are you not gonna come there today?"
- "No, that's not it....but what about your practice?"
- "Prakash sir told that it is important to take a day off before the final match and enjoy. And I also got two free tickets of Adventure Island from my friends. That's why I told you to come with me there."
- "Oh, I see!"
- "Are you coming then? If you're coming, then meet me there at 10am. Ok bye, see you there."
Before I could say anything, she ended the call. I saw my watch. It was about 9am in the morning. I still had time. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, took a shower and came out.
Then I dressed, combed my hair, took all my accessories and went out.As usual, I took my cycle with me, to the park.
I reached there and saw her standing in front of the gate. I parked my bicycle nearby and went to her.
- "Is it okay to go there now? I think we are a bit early.
- "No, I think it is the perfect time to enter there. We can try more rides and enjoy more. Hurry Up! Let's go......
- "Watch out! Be careful! Your legs will get injured again! Don't run like that!"
- "Don't worry, senior. I am absolutely fine. Nothing will happen."
Saying this, she showed our tickets and rushed into the amusement park. It seemed like she was very excited for today. So was I.
I do not remember, when was the last time I came to an amusement park. So, without wasting any time, I headed in with her.
We tried many rides, like the Cyclone, Sky Riders etc. Though I didn't went on all of them, but she tried and enjoyed almost every rides.
I took some pictures of her enjoying the rides. There was such a warmth in her smile, it felt like that smile can relieve all the pains and frustrations of life.
We had lunch in Runaway 91, an aeroplane-shaped restaurant situated in the park. It was a completely different experience, since I never travelled in an aeroplane.
The dayout went great. At the end of the day, we saw the sunset together standing on a bridge near a replica of Eiffel Tower.
- "Thanks for today, senior. I really had the best time of my life today. Thanks a lot!"
- "Wait....are your crying?!"
- "Those are tears of happiness. Don't worry about them.
- "Really??!! You are that much happy today?
- "I can't describe how much happy I am today! It wouldn't have been so much fun if you hadn't come today with me......wait, I have something for you."
She searched her bag and took out an orange ribbon. Then she took my right hand and tied it round my wrist.
- "What is this?"
- "This is special kind of ribbon which I give to those friends whom I think as the best. It is a sign of friendship. It means a lot to me. I hope you can respect it's value, senior. After all, you are the first one to have it!"
I looked at her. Her face was towards the view of the sunset, eyes shining. This was the best anyone had said to me and probably, the best gift anyone had given to me till now. Tears of happiness came to my eyes.
Suddenly we heard some loud voices. I rubbed my eyes. I saw that two rich brats were having a fight with an old man. It seemed they were teasing him.
The very next moment, I saw Aisha on that spot, trying to stop the fight. I knew that something was going to happen to her. I ran towards her to protect her.
On the way, I collided with another person. I quickly got up, apologized him and tried to rush to the spot. To my surprise, the person grabbed the collar of my shirt and shouted, "What da mean by saying sorry??!!! Don't you know who I am?! Can't you see me, you bastard!!!!!"
I took a quick look at him. He looked as the same age as mine, probably a friend of those fighting with that old man.
Suddenly, I saw one of those rich brats slapped Aisha. I couldn't keep myself calm. It seemed like my blood was almost boiling!
I quickly rescued myself from his grab, went to that spot and due to that heat of the moment, I punched hard into the face of the one who slapped her.
Then, I quickly grabbed her hand and ran towards the exit. My cycle was parked nearby. I opened the lock, sat her behind and paddled as fast as possible!
I looked behind. They went in the direction of the parking lot, probably to get their car in order to chase us. I took some shortcuts in order to reach the police station faster and also to get away from their sight.
Gladly, I reached the police station on time. The police inspector knew me well, he came to see my badminton matches many times in my locality. He was a bit surprised to see me. We told him about our problems. He assured us that he would take some actions if he could, and dropped us in our respective houses.
At night, I was thinking about today's happenings, laying on my bed. I thought that, what happened to me there? Why did I became so angry that made me punch his face? Never in my life had I ever punched anyone on their faces!
My phone ringed. A notification came to my phone. I opened and saw it. It was a message from Aisha :-
"It was a great fun and thrilling day today. See you in the school tomorrow. Good Night, Senior."