Aug 10, 2026
To:Chloe Watson
Honestly, I wanted the ending to feel quiet because I felt like Zion had already experienced enough dramatic moments throughout the story. I didn’t want the final chapter of Star Academy to end with another big battle, revelation, or emotional speech. I wanted it to feel like the end of an era.
The academy itself was meant to reflect that feeling. It wasn’t destroyed or abandoned—it was simply quiet, almost like it had already accepted that its chapter was over. Zion walking through the empty halls lets him revisit those memories without actually needing to relive them.
And the reason he doesn’t look back at the end is probably the most important part. It’s not that the academy stopped mattering to him. The memories still mean something. He just understands that he can’t stay there forever. So I wanted that final moment to represent Zion choosing to move forward rather than being trapped by the past.
Basically, the whole epilogue was inspired by that bittersweet feeling of leaving a place that meant a lot to you, knowing you’ll never experience it the same way again. I wanted the ending to be less about saying “goodbye” out loud and more about letting the silence say it for him.