Mike Psellos

Mike Psellos

Fmr Ghostwriter and Fanfic writer struggling to gain corporeal form. I also have a deviant art, but its terrible.
Spent too much time world building, I am looking for new ways to share stories that I come up with.
I have a passion for ancient and medieval history, so that is probably going to show up in some of my works.

My favorite authors are Robert Howard, Philip K Dick, and Lucian of Samosata

registered at: Sep 04, 2025
MyAnimeList iconMyAnimeList icon
Roles
  • Author
  • Badge

    badge-bronze

    bronze
    Achievements



    May 19, 2026

    Stryver: So Professor, what was the point of the story?
    Professor Sigismund Fraud: "Well isn't it obvious frauline? The story is about the Oedipal Complex. A path all men must take as they mature."
    Stryver: But I thought this was a story about the power of Love triumphing over fate?!
    Prof Fraud. Bah! Is that what Professor Schlockenberry is teaching you. That incurious, malcredentialed, untenured Philistine! Perhaps on the surface level, but we must go deeper, and with a straussian thrust penetrate the exoteric teachings to find the true esoteric reading of the test.
    Mr Slagov: That’s what she said.
    Prof Fraud: Yes, Quite. She in this case, being the goddess of love. Note the peculiar absence of Anchises in this variant.
    Stryver: Oh yeah, he’s Aeneas’ father in the Pallantium variant. But there is no father figure in the story, all the figures are maternal, which is why in my essay I demonstrated that….
    Prof Fraud: Ah yes, I’m sure my TAs tear that apart soon. But you are mistaken Ms Stryver. There is a father figure, his name is Larbas.
    Stryver: What? In what conceivable way is Larbas a father figure for Aeneas?
    Prof Fraud: In the only metric that matters. He slept with his mother!
    Stryver: EH?!
    Slagov: That’s a lot of dads…
    Stryver: You can’t be seriously insinuating that..
    Prof Fraud: I’ll Insinuate even further! Much of the second half of this arc is so rooted in not merely confrontation with the brute, a brute that embodies his own insecurities as the uncouth barbarian I might add, but look at the prize! Look at the source of the conflict! Larbas schnookered Aeneas’ mother, while she was under the guise of Elissa, the woman who Aeneas pines over in boyish insecurity.
    Stryver: OK, but what about the Bergellos Variant in Pallanitum.
    Prof Fraud: What about it indeed. The story of a man who abandons everyone and everything in blind obedience to his mother. He abandons the facade of Dido for the Truth of Venus. But what that story made implicit, this one makes explicit. Dido doesn’t exist. She is a type of Venus and reflects Aeneas’ Oedipal quest to kill his father and marry his mother!
    Slagov: That seems like a bit of a stretch…
    Prof Fraud: Perhaps Mr Slagov, but not so much of a stretch as the one your mother showed me last night.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    1
    Aeneided: I’m Supposed to Found Rome, So Why Am I Stuck in a Romantic Deadlock with the Queen of Carthage?!
    Chapter:20



    Mar 24, 2026

    "Carthage: Total War" more like Carthage Total Snore!
    An Angry Gaemr Review by AtariLynxNut69

    Its bad enough that Creative Assemble has ceased to be creative: With this being their 3rd sequel in a row after Persia 2, Catholic Japan 3 and Now Carthage 2: Total War. But now it seems they have abandoned the "assembly" part as well, since they CANT FINISH A FUCKING GAME. Carthage II: Total War is at its best a derivative sequel featuring better graphics and incremental improvements over the 2004 classic so as to justify the demands on your hardware and wallet. But note what I just said there, "At its best." Its best is much like Astyanax a brief glimmer of potential before it spends the rest of the time crashing. The game is a bug ridden glitchy unfinished product that is so bad Ea Games is stopping to take notes like Prussian Officers during the American Civil War!

    Let's ignore the moment that one broken quest where Queen Dido keeps falling through the walls and disappearing. I can't even play as Aeneas! The supposed selling point whose screaming face is on the cover! Oh sure I can select him, I can add him to my roster, but any time a put him on the field the game forgets to give him morale. I field him just to have the coward flee the battlefield like its The Battle of fucking Marathon or something. But to make matters worse, I can't even click on the man, because anytime I select him Korydros somehow teleports in spouting the same 4 lines. It doesn't matter if I send him on the other side of the battlefield. I click Aeneas and there his is "
    Your orders, my prince?
    Your orders, my prince?"
    I ordered you to sail for spices with Fucking Hanno you Trojan Tosser! Why are you here!

    If it wasn't bad enough that entire levels of the campaign are unplayable, the worst parts are also unskippable. CA decided to replace the basic tool tips with something more "immersive" an "advisor" old lady that just spouts off random riddles. It's bad enough that the riddles make no damn sense and you have to just read the translation tooltip anyways like its a No Fear Shakespere text, and defeats the. ENTIRE.FUCKING.POINT! But these tooltips are completely unavoidable, can not be skipped, and so no matter what difficulty level you are on you must hear this haggard old advisor lady give you the same "budget sliders are like the scales of thoth" every. single. baaldamned. time you open the economy window. Why do you punish me for just wanting to adjust my economy CA? Are you all Libertarians or something?

    I've heard it said that you shouldn't be so hard on the game because "iTS gOInG To GeT bETteR iN PAtChEs." But i'm sorry, this game was sold for 60 shekels at full release with Day 1 DLC. The only beta here is you for taking a chair to watch while CA makes your wallet feel like a real woman!

    ***Be sure to join next wednesday when Angry Gaemr reviews Daikatana IV!***

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    1
    Aeneided: I’m Supposed to Found Rome, So Why Am I Stuck in a Romantic Deadlock with the Queen of Carthage?!
    Chapter:16

    Aeneided: I’m Supposed to Found Rome, So Why Am I Stuck in a Romantic Deadlock with the Queen of Carthage?!
    Chapter:17

    Aeneided: I’m Supposed to Found Rome, So Why Am I Stuck in a Romantic Deadlock with the Queen of Carthage?!
    Chapter:15


    Aeneided: I’m Supposed to Found Rome, So Why Am I Stuck in a Romantic Deadlock with the Queen of Carthage?!
    Chapter:13

    Aeneided: I’m Supposed to Found Rome, So Why Am I Stuck in a Romantic Deadlock with the Queen of Carthage?!
    Chapter:12




    Mar 09, 2026

    Lost Lucianic Dialogue:
    Minos: Oh woe is me, all my wonderful wealth gone!
    Midas: Woe is greater with me, for my wealth was greater and my squalor in hades now worse!
    Cassandra: Come now, why do you both lament what was inevitable, listen to yourselves weeping like ravished women.
    Oedipus: Indeed, how pathetic they are so lost in a fate they had no choice but to accept.
    Cassandra: For those of us who knew our future, it seems what we thought was a curse, the gods gave us a unique gift of clarity.
    Minos: It is like you to be indifferent prophetess. But I was a wealthy king who had riches taken from him through no choice of his own.
    Midas: I too, but I had even more riches!
    Oedipus: You did nothing to gain those riches, you did nothing to lose them. This was your fate, and yet you blame yourself for things that you should see clearly.
    Midas: I will not be told about clarity of sight from a blindman!
    Oedipus: You take that back motherf***!
    Minos: Back at you!
    Persephone enters:
    Persephone: What is the purpose of this silly argument! Those in Elysium have submitted complaints about the noise.
    Cassandra: Queen of The Nether realm, these men are mad. Their obsession with their helplessness has made them bitter towards us.
    Minos: They mock us, bride of hades, we seek to lament the wealth we failed to protect with condescension and fatalism.
    Midas: What say you, goddess?
    Persephone: Not I, instead hear what the Queen of Olympos, Hera, High She-god, says of this matter. "Destiny can only be fulfilled if the one it concerns chooses to accept it. It calls him, but it doesn't force him."
    Cassandra: What!
    Oedipus: What!
    Midas: Ha! See that Oedipus? Oh wait...
    Oedipus: My father....my mother....my choice? Oh if i could gouge my eyes out once again.
    Cassandra: To think i chose to watch Troy burn. To stand helplessly and watch that wicked queen Clytemnestra. That I allowed Apollo... Oh gods is the Lathe not strong enough to quench the burning of my mind.
    Oedipus: Oh curse my unhappy name and life.
    Cassandra: Oh woe be upon me for mine.
    Minos: Well, I don't know about you Midas, but I certainly feel better.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    1
    Aeneided: I’m Supposed to Found Rome, So Why Am I Stuck in a Romantic Deadlock with the Queen of Carthage?!
    Chapter:9