Rex

Rex

It's fun to write.
The covers are a pain to make though.

My comments tend to get harsh & heated sometimes when talking about certain points in stories. I apologise in advance as I mean nothing bad by it to you personally, just me beefing with whatever part of the story I'm in at the time.

registered at: Dec 02, 2025
Roles
  • Author
  • Badge

    badge-silver

    silver
    Achievements




    Oct 05, 2026

    I beefed a ton with this chapter, so much that I had to split this comment in 2 parts. Seems my beef will continue. Somehow I think this whole second half of the story, ever since the sudden weird genre switch is worse. As in the first half was better, and this second half is just annoying. In any case, sorry in advance. Though obviously nothing here is directed at you. But still.

    Is the title right? feels like it should be silenced or something.

    Either Arthur woke us up very early or this is the next day. I'm guessing it's the first thing.

    The first and second question are pretty much the same, odd.

    How is not remembering a dream convenient? This guy must be out of his mind. All things considering dreams are hard to remember in the first place, this guy must be a jackass.

    "convenient, you sleep and suddenly somebody far away is dead" are they being for real? This is so ridiculous it's beyond laughable, obviously I'm sure they must know about the witch or something, but even then, how fucking stupid are they to go about things in such a goofy way. First they should have established the witch thing, though the fact they didn't means they aren't confident it's her imo. Also aren't witches like... Worshiped? or praised? What are these goofies going to do about it? At least last I checked it was supposed to be the old man and the 4 witches on top, so them acting as if they have any power or could do anything both in terms of power and in terms of going against someone that's almost like a superior is goofy.
    Also I believe there's a mistake here, he says "a woman died in a cathedral with your face" Felicia didn't have her face which is what this implies, the killer did. Which itself is not good enough evidence in the first place thanks to distance and the whole sleep thing making them look ridiculous.

    "neither do we because it's a common description" Just like that, they INSTANTLY became even more ridiculous. Are these guys new or something? Amateur hour over here. No wonder they ain't establishing the witch, they don't know it's clara at all, they just guessing, which makes the previous thing even more ridiculous. Heck I'd just ask, how does dreaming and someone dying correlate? Do you know how many people were asleep during the NIGHT? Surprisingly a LOT of people sleep at night, I know I know, crazy, but it's true. They might get mad and tell me to be quiet, but everyone in that room would be laughing in their mind at them because of how ridiculous this really is.

    "i'm not ahead of anything" literally the most ahead of EVERYTHING, assuming everything, with ZERO(0) proof. "the witness description matches" You JUST said it was a common description which means it matches a LOT of people here, he's literally fucking lying now.

    "couldn't do anything" this is a lie, one is the immortal headmaster likely stronger than them, and the other is I forget her role but from the magic association which could likely caused a LOT of trouble for the kingdom if they wanted to. It's not that they couldn't, they simply didn't. Whether by wanting to see how this plays out or some other reason.

    "she was holy" guy caught feeling for her, got it. Hm, now that I think about it, she probably didn't disguise her looks. I'm guessing only Celine is doing that.

    I'm surprised that all three witnesses said the exact same thing to describe what the priestess said, with 2 "she said" included, I'd think there'd be a little variation. So far it's just stuff we already know though, chestnut hair, green eyes, etc. The thing they already knew and started with, I'm sure one of these witness will accuse clara or something will happen.
    Now they're all having a unique description on the girl from 4th witness forward? that's gotta muddle things up for sure. Usually it would. As for physical description, it's still the same, which means it's still the same COMMON description, as previously stated.

    The third was the only one to notice probably because it caused his quick trial to fall apart because it definitely muddled things up, while the others didn't because they didn't jump the fucking gun like this idiot. Who the hell hired this amateur.

    "you've been staring at the wall for 10 minutes" Was she supposed to do something else while witnesses came in and all said the same thing that could apply to anyone? What, did the first official want her to dance? What's the problem with just waiting? Because staring at the wall for 10 minutes does mean dissociating, it means she's waiting until they need to talk to her. Unless of course they'd rather her keep interrupting. The third one probably would, so that she could seem guilty.

    "That's a script" Not it isn't. If you don't remember something, then you say that, what would he rather her do? lie? definitely. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was only twice that she said that, not 6. But I'm too lazy to go back up and check, so maybe I'm wrong.

    This guy must be trolling. acting as if it's her. "Not the girl with the COMMON DESCRIPTION THAT I LITERALLY SAID APPLIED TO A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW MANY IN THIS SCHOOL" Are you kidding me? It's like going towards a school of fish, grabbing one and saying "I've got a description of a fish, do you know who that applies to? All of you, but I don't know, so I pick you" So stupid, like are we supposed to act he didn't just previously say that it was a common description that applied to everyone? And still acting as if it's her and we told them we were asleep, which has been confirmed. She screamed felice, so what? That doesn't prove anything. Not once did they establish the witch, right now the only thing they look like is a set of complete idiots.

    "You're not her but you match her description" So we just admitting to just wanting to pick whoever they see that first matches it with 0 proof? Confirming that he's jumping the gun because he's got something up his ass?
    "you were at the cathedral ten years ago" So were a ton of people. In 10 years a lot of people came and went by that same cathedral. So unless he's saying that felice died 10 years ago, which is what they acting like because there's no other reason to bring that up, then idk what the fuck is going on.

    And now for some random reason they just KNOW that felice was the killer the WHOLE TIME? They know she's a killer? Which surely means they know she has killed and kept killed for many many years, and will continue to do so. Then what the fuck is the problem here? What did they get infected and brought into her cult or something? Because I don't know why else they wouldn't 1 arrest her, 2 go this hard on clara.

    "what would I conclude" That you're fucking incompetent. You ALREADY mentioned it was a common description, which already throws out any guarantee of it being clara, there was nothing about the face just eye color, and a ton of people went to that cathedral and I'm certain felice had a lot of enemies. And he JUST said I lost my magic which means I wouldn't be able to just lift my hand. So I conclude that he's a lazy incompetent amateur. A literal 5 year old could do better. And the fact that clara is not defending herself with such OBVIOUS defense is ridiculous. Is this just a forced "we gotta capture you" or something? It's so dumb it's get to a point that I don't think is good.

    "he was right" that doesn't mean you just give up. If someone went up to you and said "you eat bananas YOU'RE THAT KILLER" only a fucking moron would say yes. Bring the right proof and don't be an idiot and maybe you can no longer be incompetent like you are in this trial. That's what I'd say to him.

    "If i were sitting on his side" no. we would not. I'd HOPE we wouldn't be morons, if the only proof we have is "white person" and we pick a random one who just happened to pass by the crime scene of a PUBLIC STREET 15 years ago, it doesn't automatically mean it was him. Holy shit she JUST became so much worse. I think this story is getting worse. I know this is harsh. But even if he's meant to be incompetent, it gets to a point where it's just pure annoyance for no reason. Because even if he's meant to be an incompetent idiot he still didn't bring enough proof or any solid proof for that matter and in fact just determined our innocence like 3 different times, and then we go along with it for a seemingly random reason? That's just bad. Because one thing clara wasn't was someone to give up like this at fucking nothing. as if she just entered a street and ran directly to a police officer incredibly far away to confess and then acted like he did everything and it wasn't just us giving up.
    Even if he's meant to be corrupt he should at least have SOMETHING pointing in HER direction instead of saying she was once there 10 years ago. Ok and? So were so many people in 10 years. It's ridiculous.

    "without due process" she's just been accused without due process. I think this made it worse, because she definitely would have surely thought of all these defenses. Sure, we're the ones that did it, but if they start talking about bananas and apples and how we like fruit too and use it as the evidence instead of literally anything real, then they don't get to accuse shit. At the very least FINALLY someone steps up though. It's something.

    "he smiled" he was coping. That kind of pained smile like "I definitely totally have you, definitely... IF I JUST HAVE TIME I'M SURE" kind of thing.

    Her sister definitely did and killed a lot more than just her parents, so this in no way compensates. But I guess it's something, a drop in an ocean sized bucket.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Senzai Majo
    The (Cursed) Potential Witch
    Chapter:25


    Oct 04, 2026

    The demoness wore glasses? Surprising.

    So this must be the dream she had before.

    "I knew there was something" there wasn't. You killed everyone she loved, she's mad, it really is that simple, this would happen to anybody and doesn't prove a thing.

    The way she said "because what? she killed my parents?" and everyone else and all that, it felt like she was saying that as if it wasn't warranted. "Damn am I really about to kill someone for stealing my chocolate?" as if it was like that, as if the reality of it wasn't "She killed literally everyone I held dear and surely committed awful crimes for a thousand years at least". She deserves death, there's no way she's hinting at "let's solve this with friendship and love!" because if that's actually how it ends, it's going to be beyond bad. But surely that's not it.

    "none of that mattered" ALL OF THAT MATTERS, has she gone fucking crazy too? She's in a dream who fucking cares if the dream her doesn't like the truth for some dumb ass reason.

    "she was right" no she wasn't, clara is so fucking stupid it actually hurts, yet another thing ruining the whole story, because yes, IT DOES ruin the whole story. "damn I really am a monster for wanting to stop this serial killer maniac that has killed and WILL keep killing because everyone keeps not stopping her" like what the fuck?

    "didn't mean to" what the actual fuck is going on. SHE'S NOT A PRIESTESS, how demented is she? And in any case this ISN'T what we dreamed before? Then is this the next day? did we really randomly skip a day? that feels weird. That or the end of last chapter was us waking up still in the middle of the night? Idk.

    So this is what? the second or third time she supposedly lets go of "everything she has been holding for ten years" because it feels like something along these lines already happened.

    So it wasn't a dream, I figured it'd be something like she transforms into the witch, or kill someone in the dream, die in real life type thing. But no. The witch just spawned wherever and did what she did in real life, while Clara laid all night in her room (which at least provides solid alibi).
    Well on one hand I'm glad she's dead. But on the other... What the hell is going to happen now? Unless she revives or something, then that's it. Problem solved. Heck, I don't think there's any mystery (Barely felt there was one in the first place, because when something like a main mystery finally appeared it was more of already explaining and answering what happened, so not much mystery there.)
    Is the rest just her trying to survive not being lynched randomly? Idk, feels... I don't know. Just once again, eh. I can't really describe it any other way.

    Though interesting enough, she looked the exact same in the dream? in witch mode? Then what the fuck happened before??? Now that I think about it, she was locked there too, so there's no way she was the sleepwalker witch there right? But wasn't there something like "that's the real deal" or something? Wait that makes no sense... I don't know. I guess could be just yet another arthur shenanigans, or it could be a plot hole, who knows which.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Senzai Majo
    The (Cursed) Potential Witch
    Chapter:24

    Oct 04, 2026

    I wonder if that's the one who in the new memory defeated her or something, that princess.

    "I don't remember it" I'd say she does, at least a little bit, SOMETHING came back right? Otherwise she wouldn't know it was the princess.

    So she remembers being on the ground, and she got carried out... So she remembers not losing? Was this BEFORE the loss? Has to be right? otherwise it wouldn't make sense i don't think.

    "You never told me" surely she was there too, just memory got wiped? Then again afterwards clara says "I never told anyone" so she DOES remember it? How many things is she going to very conveniently "remember" just when the story needs a random genre switch, it's like the third time or something. Iffy. It just feels so weird, idk, maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

    "prove everyone right" this would prove them wrong. Given that everyone was saying she had potential.

    "that's why this and that" Idk about this section. This all feels weird and just eh. Also we've been through this before but I guess we're just hoping she just doesn't suddenly remember she's a goddess actually or something else.

    Lily repeating everything a 2nd time feels... odd? Idk. can't say either way how I feel about it, just odd.
    "Told no one" she didn't have any memories to tell.

    "pretend nothing happened" would she really ignore everything again though? That's crazy when she had finished 2 chapters saying I'll go fight her, only to then ignore her, well good thing lily is here to stop that.

    Somehow lily was asleep while sitting up? did she prop herself up in a certain way? how did she not fall down asleep? Heck I'm surprised she really stayed there the whole night, feels a bit odd.

    "just a blank" feels like a word is missing, otherwise should be without the a.

    Well that sleep talk could apply to anything. Maybe about clara and her shot confidence or something most likely, anyway magic is back so thats cool.

    I feel like Lily is the most likeable so far. Feels like we've seen her change and have a character arc, not acting the way she did at the start all the time and just being more considerate, that could also just have been how she always was and just that before there was no problem with potentially a big massacre occurring. Who knows.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Senzai Majo
    The (Cursed) Potential Witch
    Chapter:23

    Oct 03, 2026

    I've talked a bunch about my feelings about particular things, but I came back because I feel like I should explain better why I feel the way I do about the clara being the sleepwalker via reincarnation or something of the sort. (besides me just calling it weak or eh or some such thing)

    It's hard to put into words, but if I had to understand why I feel this way I think one part is certainly how... It feels out of nowhere. There was certainly the one clue before with the whole PoV change into lily's I clocked that immediately because when it's something big like that, that means Clara is doing something we can't know yet, and the only new thing there was the sleepwalker. But despite that, it still feels out of nowhere, I believe that was the only hint towards it too.

    Another thing might be that it almost feels a little bit like a switch in genre, a tiny bit. When it started I honestly didn't even realise it was supposed to be mystery and it was mostly about school, clara, and the tournament, so I thought it'd stay around that. Then it was the switch into murder mystery, or not quite because we know who did it, so more of a revenge story. And now it adds a whole, our power isn't because we're good or anything like that, it's just that our soul is powerful so it boosted us. Which to me personally, idk, for some reason it just FEELS like a tiny bit of a change there too.

    I guess another thing is the way it was delivered too. Once again, I don't know if that character will stay or if past this chapter she's gone, poof as if she was never here. But if it's the second one then the delivery does feel a bit like plot convenience, like... I don't know how better to describe it. And I think that does add to the whole thing feeling... Weird? I guess. And all that.

    Hopefully this better explanation (or really the only one, since I usually just say feelings with not THAT much of a detailed explanation sometimes, or sometimes confusing ones) helps you understand why I'm thinking that. Dunno if it'll help you at all in general or if it even matters, but at the very least it should make where I'm coming from more understandable? I think?

    Future comments of mine are bound to keep on being spicy, hopefully you'll be fine with them. And despite all the changes in genre, I'm still hopeful that the ending will be a good one.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Senzai Majo
    The (Cursed) Potential Witch
    Chapter:22


    Oct 03, 2026

    Damn, I already feel bad about ruining the wholesomeness of this comment section thanks to that very nice previous comment. But I have to. Sorry about this.

    The first one led to a massacre? It never told us anything about that, I guess it happened off screen in a way similar to the one we saw?

    "stood at the back" should be "in the back"

    "I had seen her real face" this makes it seem like it was the first time, when surely it wasn't given the lack of reactions.
    "we had seen for a year" What? but we never reacted in the slightest before? and automatically we knew it was the headmistress too? What the hell? Either I'm misremembering something big, or this is a plot hole.

    "man who died on the stage" he was in the audience not on stage if I remember right.
    "woman in the sky" I thought she mostly stood on the ground, that criminal, hm dunno.
    "the last one was soaked in blood" what the fuck is she talking about? it started with it felt like several deaths because of all the lightning, which were revived, then went to just the one guy died given what she had said later, and now it's covered in blood? this feels inconsistent.

    Is this suggesting clara is the sleepwalker witch? like I said last time when he first showed up, that makes no sense for several reasons, one is she's not old enough, two would be that it was clearly stated with "he" for example when he talked, and her changing voice, potentially clothes and all that, and then I guess going to sleep makes no fucking sense to me.
    If she turns out to really be the sleepwalker, that is once again yet another thing against this story.
    In any case, the researcher knows how she lost her magic, I wonder how, hope she tells us.

    I never considered she had been affected by silence. Mostly because that would mean that wouldn't last long imo, but I guess this one is permanent and undetectable. I'd also figure the flaw had to be something themselves, a power, a character flaw, something. But for her flaw to be caused by someone else. hm. Idk. Can't say either way how I feel about it, just dunno. Though it IS interesting.

    Ugh. THAT'S the reason? same soul, different body so when asleep the original soul body guy whatever comes out which is a guy, that feels so dumb. That honestly does. Witch reincarnation, it feels so eh. Well, whatever.
    Though that also would have to mean arthur grandpa is much older than previously thought because of the whole before kingdom, which unless his dumb ass has the same weak feeling reason of reincarnation has to be immortality probably. Why not, celine has it after all. But only now got around to having kids or something.
    In any case, "the memories belong to the body" then the soul wouldn't have any magic. it wouldn't KNOW anything. including the spells he used last time, so I'd say memories definitely lay in the soul, at least some of em. Doesn't mean the body can access them though, not easily.

    Ok, dunno what power she's talking about, but this whole section feels eh anyway.

    So the nonsense before about silence not being a spell is that we cast it on ourselves or something? That feels worse than someone else just having cast the silence spell. Yeah that feels worse, weaker.

    So is she saying we never lost actually? Given the whole we almost killed a guy, which means maybe that whole thing was memory altered. I wonder what else is gonna get fucking retconned, which is what all this feels, like a bunch of retcons. Might be just me but that's what I think.

    I wouldn't say her not remembering is "good" like the researcher says, if our objective is to in fact remember.

    "there's a difference" no there isn't. if you killed someone's entire family, they are not just "mysterious" they are a fucking threat, unless of course she's crazy enough to not realise something THIS simple.

    Feels like that last "you dont remember" should have the ? since she's remembering it but eh, seems fine either way.

    Anyway we're not gonna see her again are we? She just came in to tell us we were chosen one get good already and then fucked off, that's the case isn't it? If it is, then it does feel a bit... Hm, not quite forced, but definitely almost like plot convenience. Oh great the person that knows everything came in and told us what we needed to know, thanks, can't wait to not see her again, kind of thing you know?

    Overall I'd say I liked the last chapter more, and this one got closer to chapter 20 in terms of "meh".

    Once again though I must apologise, I ended up ruining the nice feel of this chapters comment section.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Senzai Majo
    The (Cursed) Potential Witch
    Chapter:22



    Oct 02, 2026

    To:Ryuukarize

    To the first part, it's not when the mystery gets too mysterious (heck I'm not even sure what you mean by ton of unexplained stuff, but maybe I've already forgotten), it's that it started off as one kind of story which I didn't even realize there was supposed to be a mystery, to a completely different kind of story with maybe the main mystery of it finally clarified(?) potentially. Like that chapter it was as if I was midway through a DIFFERENT story.

    Dunno anything about people dropping that.

    Idk about more implications, the demoness is just crazy and stupid, that's all it is. At least for now. I'm sure that can have consequences elsewhere but eh.

    It's not really unreliable though? She can tell herself anything she wants, doesn't mean she showed or didn't show vulnerability on the outside. Idk, to me that doesn't seem unreliable.

    Not sure what you mean by could make it elsewhere, and west and north.

    About plot armor, I guess besides the potentially plot hole here, I can't really remember any plot convenience or armor. I guess one could say her living at all with the demoness, but I'd say that's fine given that the demoness is very much fucking insane, so who knows there. Maybe Clara not remembering or not caring to do anything until right now? Maybe the whole headmistress protecting the sister, yeah that's kinda plot convenience, not quite armor I don't think. Hmm, yeah don't think there's any plot armor unless you call one of the previous things that.

    In any case, bit by bit I'll finish your story.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Senzai Majo
    The (Cursed) Potential Witch
    Chapter:21


    Oct 02, 2026

    Given my last comment with me being big mad at that demoness and all that. I'll try to make this one at least a bit better.

    To be fair I don't know either. I can believe she doesn't know, because that really felt like it came out of nowhere.

    Lily starts with 10 years, then switches to 1 year at the academy and them knowing each other. What's the 10 years about? I guess how long ago it happened? Seems weird to call it out though, at least to me.

    To be fair I haven't seen Clara act surprised at all about people not understanding her, not once. Not that I can remember at least, so I'm not sure if that's something that happened off screen or that I'm forgetting that Lily is talking about here.

    Lily is spitting facts, all this did come out of nowhere.

    "on celine" I guess back when she didn't know, fair enough.

    Lily once again spitting facts. That does seem to be the reason that clara didn't say anything. On top of maybe not remembering? Given what was said a couple chapters ago. Unless that wasn't a true mind wipe or whatever, just trauma. But who knows.

    Last time it really felt like it was implying myra knew everything that happened, I wonder how. Maybe by aunt and uncle probably.

    So was lily actually crying? I'd assume she just didn't notice but she kept insisting, so idk. I'm assuming she did start crying.

    I guess they sat down on the council table chairs? I think that's where we were at least. For some reason this felt weird, but I think I got it.

    We gave a story to ren? I wonder how different it was and when we even did it.

    Now that I think about it, the crazy magic via shattered confidence makes more sense now. Since her goal was to basically be strong, probably strong enough to beat her ass. But the moment she experienced potentially her first loss, it reminded her of that past failure and shattered her confidence along with some level of fear setting in too. Yeah I get it now.

    I wonder if Witch is some big title here, like potential general, because otherwise, I'd say she already is one, along with many others. I'd also say it more went crazy than lost but whatever.

    She doesn't know her magic is crazy? what? How does lily not know this?

    Is it that all the crazy magic she can cast is only because Myra is powering her up? I guess I can see that. But still, she just suddenly froze? and then nothing? She hadn't even experienced the loss yet? That makes it worse. Absolutely it does, because how or why the hell did she freeze in the first place?

    I see no one is really explaining the whole why her magic is now crazy when she just said she lost it. Is lily not wondering that at all? I figured afterwards maybe she asked when she lost it because she knows she has it, but it's just crazy. But then she said lost it completely and she still didn't ask about the craziness, so that just feels like a bit of a plot hole.

    "why she did it" We already know this. We already the answer to all those questions. She's fucking crazy. That's it.

    Well, it's certainly better than the last one. Though It did have some issues including maybe a plot hole? Definitely a very weird moment with lily not asking why she still has magic if she lost it and all that.
    Well I'm glad nothing here made me as annoyed as before. It was a decent chapter. As in, if this was the story the whole time instead of just the 2nd half, it would have been a decent one I think? I'm not sure. One of the better ones for sure though I think. OR maybe I'm just saying that because there was nothing confusing or annoying about this one unlike many others. Hm.
    Well regardless, hopefully this comment wasn't as annoying as I'm sure the last one might have been.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Senzai Majo
    The (Cursed) Potential Witch
    Chapter:21