Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Aug 03, 2026
To:J.C. Chambers III
Wish I could include more of her, but on the off chance I'd get to produce sequels to this novel, she's definitely returning later in the story along with some plot relevance.
To:Kyotosomo
The rework of any scenes involving the villagers has been completed, I'm feeling a lot better about where they are now. I think these scenes were the novel's one major glaring flaw, so hopefully now it's down to relatively minor stuff. However, I will continue to go back and improve chapters based on people's feedback. And once I've completed the story, I will of course go back and do a full refinement run of the novel, working on things like pacing, prose, etc.
These three certainly can make it easy sometimes.
To:lolitroy
Yeah, in an effort to speed up the pacing and avoid devoting too much time to characters that won't be important past the first story arc, I ended up replying too heavily on tropes for the villagers. I've gone ahead and reworked all the scenes involving the villagers so that they have more depth rather than just existing for the sake of furthering Nora's character development / the plot. I think all the scenes with them are significantly better now.
To:Golden Plume
Maybe she'll get a new much cooler wand later 👀
Hopefully she'll get to conduct more experiments (and ideally more interesting ones) after she's gotten to the Summoner Academy, given the wealth of different monsters that'll be there.
To:Elin
She can't help it, she's just built different.
Definitely plan on including a decent number of cozy moments given Nora's a cozy kind of gal, though she'll still definitely throw hands or trade insults when the moment calls for it ;)
Thanks :D
Thanks! I look forward to people getting to their dynamic, particularly once the story gets to the Summoner Academy.
To:AbyssMonkeyWrench
I'd definitely struggle to write this in third person haha, I think first person should hopefully really help Nora's personality shine throughout the novel.
Poor Pebble 😭 Alpherson is still a real one though
I like the running gag of her defeating powerful foes with various ridiculous objects, also think it's interesting she has to balance trying to pull of faking this big bad without doing anything too unethical.
The boyfriend subplot is amusing, will be entertaining to see where it goes.
Pebble is a great / cute protagonist name