Sep 28, 2026
To:Rex
I appreciate your time. Time is a finite and precious thing.
So you are aware, I stopped reading all comments on September 9. I won’t hide the fact that I nearly stopped writing the story because of them. In a few months I will sit down and compile all the comments and sort through what is helpful and what is not. I’ll then revise the story to be better than it currently is.
Stylus crossed the finish line. All the incoming it took in trying to get there definitely changed it. The theme of “failure but still trying” would have not happened if not for all the comments. I am glad that theme occurred.
A diamond can only be made through intense heat and extreme pressure.
This was my second novel. My debut novel was belittled as well. I will write a third novel. Then a fourth. The world can accept or reject them. The goal as an author is to write your heart.
In closing, I want to encourage others to keep trying.
Maybe your stories aren’t perfect. Maybe they won’t win contests and accolades. But they will exist. They will exist for you. They will exist for others; whether few or many.
Somewhere out there, maybe that one person who needs to read your story will. They will smile. They will cry. They will reach ‘The End’ and be left a little bit better off than when they started.
That is our calling. That is your gift to this world. Write your hearts, authors.
-Golden Plume