Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
"Ah, I love being a writer!" - Shizuku Tsukishima, Whisper of the Heart
Dec 12, 2022
Read through most of this before the voting deadline but didn't get a chance to comment until now - great job! I really enjoyed all the twists and turns the story took. As others have mentioned I also appreciated the way the prose changed from flowery and metaphoric to much more focused and bare when things turned against Chiffon. Chiffon's and Carmelo Anthony's dynamic was great too.
Good luck in the contest!
To:yitsuin
Will be more apparent later, but I fell down a rabbit hole of Japanese baseball while writing this. You just want to write, but you need to fact check something - and now you have 20 tabs open
I've fallen into the worldbuilding trap too many times to count haha. I also plead guilty to turning simple stories into complex monstrosities. Nearly the entire story is through Natsuki's perspective - I had the resist the constant urge to explore other POVs haha
I tried to incorporate all the fun and frustration that comes with writing into the story lol. And Natsuki's inspiration was inspired by a similar scene in the novel Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury, which played a huge influence in writing this story, highly recommend it
I really wanted to incorporate a lot of imagery and the like in this so I'm glad you're enjoying it!
School slice of life anime is my jam so I'm glad I was finally able to make a club of my own. I also experimented with some meta-ness in this story - it's rough around the edges but I really enjoyed it
Thanks for reading! I had a lot of fun during my middle/high school fanfiction phase and same here, I write a lot more original fiction now
To:Sevenlock
Thanks for reading! I really enjoyed Faustic so I'm glad to see you enjoyed this story too. I agree about the contest - for better or worse, I went with existential drama rather than contest drama, with the contest itself wrapping up pretty neatly afterwards. With the benefit of hindsight, I think adding more contest-specific drama would've been a cool avenue to explore.
Anyways, thanks for reading to the end! I'm looking forward to your next work too
What are we, some kind of Web Novel Club?
I'm glad you enjoyed their interaction so much! Me personally, I was actually a little dissatisfied with their conversation - I thought I wrapped up things too quickly and neatly. But I'm glad you liked it!
Who knows? Perhaps you would've been a finalist too!
Nov 30, 2022
Binge read this in a day - great job! Unique and memorable characters, great fight scenes, and interesting moral/philosophical conundrums makes for a great story. I also liked how you gave just enough detail about the world and characters to draw us into the story, but left a lot open-ended so we could make our own conclusions.
Nov 29, 2022
King: I’m going to get right to the point. It has come to my attention that you watched Chiffon sleep last night in her room. Is that correct?
Caramello: Who said that?
King: She did.
Caramello: ...was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, cause I’ve worked in a lot of castles and I tell you people do that all the time.
Great job! I really liked the character dynamics. I admit, it took me a little bit to remember who was who, but as the story went on you did a good job differentiating them. My favorite part of the story were the cave scenes - by just focusing on two at a time you really made the characters shine and the couples were really fun. By the end, the characters had grown on me so much that I was sad to see the story end.
Nov 27, 2022
To:Bubbles
Thanks for reading! I want these words to make things right