Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Jan 29, 2026
I like the details about noises starting to agitate him. That’s a nice way of showing character shifts. Good stuff.
love the twist for Altea. and I’m curious to learn more about the king. I feel like it’s an act or he’s a Robert Baratheon style character that was once noble but went a little wine mad over time.
Nice change of pace for Rina to finally get a hot bath!
To:Mara
I can definitely sense the Nazgûl inspiration! And is the name Uruk a reference to Uruk Hai?
Small detail but I love the blacked out location! Clever.
To:Deleted User
oh don’t worry there are actually several more genuinely happy and sweet moments. until there aren’t.
Good reveals and twists. Does this tie in to why the government is so keen on keeping everything hidden? Nice eerie vibes.
some of it was just loose abstract connection. For Songstress, since I write them to be companion pieces, I wanted there to be callbacks and subtle references, ie Shores of Time. for Destroyers, it was just a representation of magic that I liked, and thought it carried well from a visual understanding
not same as Destroyers but I did imagine it tied to Songstress in some abstract manner. case in point, do you remember in Songstress, in the destruction of the Underworld, there was the blind cat girl that died?… Not saying it’s a 100% alt timeline Izhari but definitely inspired by her.
ha! that’s amazing. I had a few more ideas that I wanted to do with memories and currency, but I ended up trimming them for the sake of story conciseness. I liked the idea of memories being one of the most important aspects of the story and world. not just as currency, but the orbs, the crowns, and so many other things yet to come.
oh I am. it’s actually going to be her tea pot’s name! the idea is that it doesn’t have to be a person/character, just anything that represents joy and hope.
there is a Sayane in Destroyers, Star Falls, and Plum Blossoms as well.
horny terrified teenagers.
yep I forget if you’ve seen the thread but “Sayane” has officially become my unifying theme. every story has a Sayane now that represents joy and hope.
precisely. they are simply scientific anatomical renderings showing revommended positions and potential reactions for all manner of inter species intimacy. purely scientific.