Aug 11, 2026
First off Liz and the Blue Bird and Chihayafuru PEAK MENTIONED
Then I saw Darling in the Franxxx and I never wanted to kms so bad
Also, Ano Natsu de Matteru mentioned in 2026, damn...
Ok but seriously, banger prose all-around. I was genuinely surprised when you said this was your first time writing comedy cus it flowed pretty naturally to me, especially those first few chapters. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm SO jealous of how you write sci-fi ahhhh
As for characters... well, it was nice watching Annin get tortured for one. I'll admit I got flashbanged by all the side characters in the beginning, but you did a good job fleshing them out as the story went on, especially best gal and guy.
Speaking of the dialogue, it good. It got a bit muddled later on with all the nerd jargon and Annin's down-bad thoughts, but it didn't really distract from my overall enjoyment. Ngl sometimes they sound almost too clever to be actual teenagers, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief when the banter is good.
As for my one main nitpick, I gotta agree with lolo. The plot got a little lost in the sauce in the middle. It might just be a romcom pacing thing, but it felt like a loop of "situation triggers Annin's fear of heights -> oh wait something convenient gets them out of it" with some banter sprinkled in. It kinda felt like taking the longest, most meandering scenic route just to get down the street but you did manage to veer it back into romance so it worked out
Anyway belated congrats on finishing and making it as a finalist!! Fingers crossed for tmw :D
(btw I'm still holding out for mpreg spinoff + angry glasses girl spinoff + crossdressing romcom I'm begging)