Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Rin |🐇💜| The moonlit flowerchild with a passion for writing! I specialize in Supernatural stories.
Jun 13, 2026
To:Spaceman
No worries!! I'm really happy to have been an inspiration!!
To:Nyagare404
True!! XD One way or another they got what they wanted
Thanks so much!! I'm glad you think so! Writing this felt like a love letter to the literature I grew up with.
The village is probably better without them XD
To:Moon
Yep! It's also the hazy kanji on the cover. I included both details that were my own interpretation of what a Kojin would be like as well as classic details (i.e. the love and skill for weaving)
I also did a lot of research into sharks, like what their eyes look like and what they sound like. His smooth scales and eyes are based on a Nurse Shark, and the seashell he gifted MC is from a Diana's Scallop which can be found around Okinawa, Japan.
The creature is a Yokai called a Samebito or Kojin — a shark person!
Yeah I definitely wanted it to have that ambiguous feeling of "is the MC mad, or do they truly have a special bond?" Especially because with creatures like this, it could really go either way.
Imagine the strand of hair like a noose around his neck, sealing his fate
Jun 12, 2026
To:Gemini Daydream
MC's thoughts exactly
Jun 10, 2026
To:Literate_Manul
Thanks!!!! That's exactly what I was going for. I always loved reading those as a kid.
Haha, thanks so much!! You could probably guess that Dagon was a mild inspiration
To:Stoneflew
They really are XD Destined to be together
Jun 09, 2026
Thanks a lot, Moon! That was honestly how I felt when I was conceiving the two boys, actually XD
Marnie is probably one of my favorite MCs
To:Cashew Cocoa
Best possible reaction I could have gotten. 🥰 I really wanted to involve the reader by leaving the nature of things, including the narrator's true fate, up to interpretation.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it ~💜
Thanks so much!! That's exactly the vibe I was going for ~
To:TOCCOLO
Thanks so much!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!