Kyotosomo

Kyotosomo

registered at: Apr 06, 2026
Roles
  • Author
  • Artist
  • Badge

    badge-silver

    silver
    Achievement
    Reactions Level 5
    Comments Level 4
    Published Novel Level 1
    Published Chapter Level 5
    Fan Art Upload Level 1
    Novel Cover Upload Level 2
    Daily Access Level 3
    Participant - MAL x Honeyfeed Writing Contest 2026













    Aug 09, 2026

    To:lolitroy

    I didn't necessarily get it from anywhere specific. Basically in either the last contest's rules or this one I saw something about making sure you write in a way that fits the medium / plays to its strengths, so I converted the way the novel was styled (traditional) to whatever vague recollection I had of how light novels were formatted based off the handful I read around a decade ago but I guess back then they translated them differently to be more faithful to how they're formatted in Japanese (as opposed to now where it's closer to traditional novel formatting, which I think is the better way to do it). And when I did whatever quick google search to check I happened to land on a couple results that wrongly confirmed that perception lol probably either referring to older formatting or how the actual japanese formatting is done.

    I hadn't really read any web novels until within the last couple weeks when I read a bunch of past Honeyfeed contest winners. Also skimmed some modern light novels for a feel of how things are formatted now, as mentioned steadily going through my chapters and reformatting them to actual modern day light novel style (though I do still feel it's feels different than traditional style, still spreads things out more / uses shorter paragraphs and is more playful with the visual presentation of the writing on the page). Fixed the first few chapters and can hopefully finish fixing the rest within the next week or so. Chapter 12 and onward will be properly formatted right from the start.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    1
    The Little Witch Who Loves Slimes Just A Little Too Much - Book Cover
    The Little Witch Who Loves Slimes Just A Little Too Much
    Chapter:10