Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
I've decided that now is the time to write my first story. Above all, let's have fun on this journey!
Jun 04, 2023
I already like the girl, sounds like an interesting character.
To:A. Hoshino
If the town is relevant for future chapters then it's fine to explore it a bit more in-depth. By the way, are you in the honeyfeed discord yet? There's a channel specifically to chat about the contest. If you want to trade reads with people and get some pointers, it's the place to be!
Solid chapter! I really like how you wrote the action in this one.
I'm definitely getting some horror vibes here. If I were you I would try to introduce a stronger hook in this chapter to keep the reader engaged. Not much happened in the first 3/4th of the chapter that we hadn't already seen, like the skeletons and dilapitated houses. (if the houses and bell tower are relevant later on I take my words back) but the final 1/4th had a very creepy atmosphere to it, especially a good job at coming up with that monster. I see that you employ a varied lexicon, which makes the reading more enjoyable. On to the next chapter!
I still have the tab open and I was planning to read all 4 chapters immediately, but something came up. I'll let you know when I've read the next chapters as well.
The pace was good, not too slow or fast. You ended at a nice cliffhanger which I love to see. It's on the dense side since this chapter is only narration, but there's nobody to converse with our protagonist at the moment so there's no helping that. Glad to hear you've planned the whole story out, that always makes for a fun experience. Writing is something you have to do everyday (even if you don't feel like it) in my opnion, getting into the writer's zone can be hard sometimes but once you get into it, you won't want to stop anymore.
Very mysterious first chapter, it's got me hooked. Also wow, you've got 4 chapters out already? You're really dedicated to this.
I picture the scene in my head as if it were an anime and try to describe it as accurately as possible, without falling in the writing traps of cramming too much information together (I sometimes fail at this part though), or making sentences run on for too long. I've also learned that short paragraphs are a good way to keep readers engaged. Hope this helps!
Thank you, that means a lot to me! I've been thinking about writing a native-protagonist isekai story for a while now. It seemed like the more interesting route, both from a writer's and reader's perspective.
To:Syed Al Wasee
Will do, thank you for reading!
To:kazesenken
I had to nerf the baker, his skill with a rolling pin is unmatched after all.
Haru is such a sarcastic dork, I wonder if Grace will be able to change him for the better.
To:Christian Widjaya
That's a good point. I'll try to avoid that in the future and come back to these early chapters later on to do some editing. Thank you for the support!
Jun 03, 2023
All will become clear in due time~
This is going in a nice direction~