Mario Nakano 64

Mario Nakano 64

It's a me. I'm an aspiring light novel writer hoping to one day see my works in anime form. I hope that my works at least brighten up your day and give you something to look forward to.

registered at: Jun 30, 2023
MyAnimeList iconMyAnimeList icon
Roles
  • Author
  • Artist
  • Badge

    badge-gold

    gold
    Achievements



    Jul 31, 2026

    Author's Commentary #15:

    Time to talk about Chapter 15: Beware the Ides of March.
    This is the prelude to the 3rd major arc of the series, The Ides of March arc. Funnily enough, the idea for this arc came about simply because I though "Ides of March" would make for an epic arc title. As such, this also impacted the time period the story took place as I wanted the Ides of March arc to take place on the Ides of March in-universe.

    Originally, the story was going to start on March 13th instead of the 12th, but after I decided to introduce Emeri earlier, I decided to move the start date of the story to the 12th so I could fit the Unbeatable escape room arc, Emeri's introduction, and the Museum of mummies arc in before Ides of March.

    Speaking of Emeri, this was originally going to be where she'd be introduced to the story. The original idea was that Mochi would surrender her phone voluntarily, however, the station's resident hacker would have been unable to recover the video. Madoka then would have taken Yuni to Emeri's place where Emeri would have been introduced as Rolly Polly.

    Originally, Emeri's introduction would have seen her disguising herself with layers of clothes to the point that at a glance, people would assume she's a fat man. Madoka would have still known Emeri prior, but wouldn't know that Emeri was a hacker, nor that she was actually Rolly Polly. All she would have known was that Emeri had great respect for the hacker named "Rolly Polly". Once the video had been recovered, Emeri would then shed her disguise and ride to the station on her motorcycle, where she'd get kidnapped after stopping by a convenience store.

    As for Yuni and Fujiko, Fujiko actually would have stalked Yuni all the way to Emeri's place and then headed to Yuni's place to lie in wait until revealing herself at midnight. I'll discuss more about the initial drafts for this arc as the arc progresses. For now, let's go back to some points I mentioned last commentary, namely why I felt the need to build up Fujiko as an irredeemable terror.

    First off, I wanted to establish Fujiko as a terrifying villain so that it makes the moment where she arrives at Yuni's apartment all the more suspenseful. Second, the incident with Bianka also shined some light on Serika and offered a glimpse into her character. In regards to that, I felt like having Bianka get shaved at the salon was a better move as it was home turf for her as in the original, she was shaving her before a crowd at the police station. It also showcases Serika's fears more as originally, she went after Fujiko once the shave was done, but here, she tried to stop her mid-shave, but got so spooked when her past was brought up that she abandoned Bianka. All I'll say in regards to Serika is that she will play a major role in this arc.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Escape:Witch Volume 1 Cover
    Escape:Witch Volume 1
    Chapter:15

    Jul 31, 2026

    Author's Commentary #14:

    Time to talk about Chapter 14: Bianka and Mochi.
    Unlike in the original and [Remake] Bianka and Mochi's backstory gets its own chapter here. I also decided to showcase what happened to Jimmy and Moribe as it happened around the time Serika and Bianka were heading over to the salon. Speaking of which, these two going to the salon is an entirely new thing here as I felt it made more sense than Fujiko just shaving Bianka at the police station. I'll elaborate more on that in a future commentary.

    As for the chapter itself, the truth behind what happened to Mochi has been revealed. After Fujiko lost the student council election to Mochi, she quickly found herself ostracized by the student body, mainly due to the fact that she implemented tyrannical policies during her reign as student council president.

    This chapter mainly came to be after I decided to go all in on making Fujiko as irredeemable as possible. Initially, the story was just going to jump into the next arc, but I felt I needed to build up Fujiko more and highlight how irredeemable she was before the next arc properly began.

    As for the mummies, I'll confirm that they are Izumi and Hanabi of the bounty hunter duo, Izuhana from Spice of life. Even though the two have a larger presence in Spice of life, they originated as Escape Witch characters and were going to have a larger role in the story back when it was more of a lighthearted and episodic series. The reason their role got reduced was simply because I had no idea what to do with them. Luckily, when Spice of life came around, I was able to give them a proper role in the story.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Escape:Witch Volume 1 Cover
    Escape:Witch Volume 1
    Chapter:14





    Jul 31, 2026

    Author's Commentary #13:

    Time to talk about Chapter 13: Bianka's grudge.
    This chapter offers the first insight both on what kind of person Fujiko is, and on the incident that changed Mochi. But before I get into that, I need to go over the bios for some of the other characters that have been introduced.

    黒羽根 諄 (Kurobane Makoto) is how her name is written in kanji. Her first name, 諄, means "dull", while 黒羽根 means "black", "feather", and "foundation".

    Her birthday is May 20th which she shares with Sae Chabashira from Classroom of the elite. The reason for that being that Chabashira was the main inspiration for her character.

    Next up is Kaori. 猪原 果桜梨 (Inohara Kaori) is how her name is written in kanji. 果桜梨 means "result", "cherry blossom", and "pear", while 猪原 means "boar" and "origin".

    Her birthday is August 15th which she shares with Camie Utsushimi from My Hero Academia. The reason for this is because Kaori was loosely based off Camie.

    Finally, there's Purin. 名智 符凜 (Myouchi Purin) is how her name is spelled in kanji. 符凜 means "token" and "coldness". Purin is also the Japanese word for pudding.
    (If I made any mistakes with the translations, feel free to correct me).

    Her birthday is January 23rd which is international sticky toffee pudding day. This is fitting since sticky toffee pudding, along with regular custard pudding, is her favorite food.

    In regards to Purin, I wasn't able to properly showcase just how bad she is here, however in Spice of life, her corruption is on full display. As for her and her friends they were all able to get away with things, the key lies in Yumeko.

    Since she was the then-superintendent general's daughter, she was able to not only get a high-ranking position, but also get her friends benefits as well. However, after Reika managed to arrest her and make her arrest public, the superintendent general had no choice but to charge her with the crime she was accused of in order to save face. After Fujiko's arrest two years later though, he was forced to resign. Despite that, he ended up escaping to politics and is now the deputy prime minister thanks in no small part to his corrupt buddies. He actually isn't with Illumous, but is corrupt nonetheless. Yumeko and her friends, however remains to be seen.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Escape:Witch Volume 1 Cover
    Escape:Witch Volume 1
    Chapter:13