Mario Nakano 64

Mario Nakano 64

It's a me. I'm an aspiring light novel writer hoping to one day see my works in anime form. I hope that my works at least brighten up your day and give you something to look forward to.

registered at: Jun 30, 2023
MyAnimeList iconMyAnimeList icon
Roles
  • Author
  • Artist
  • Badge

    badge-gold

    gold
    Achievements









    Aug 02, 2026

    Author's Commentary #17:

    Time to talk about Chapter 17: Ides of March Part 2.
    Whelp, things just went from bad to worse. Now Serika and Emeri have both been kidnapped. Serika's also on the verge of drowning while Emeri's already lost all her fingernails on her left hand. The only hope is for Madoka to save everyone.

    Now before I talk about some behind the scenes trivia regarding this chapter, I first want to bring attention to the cover art of the novel. Each picture is actually a reference to a scene in the story. Yuni and Madoka are referencing the Unbeatable escape room arc, though here, Madoka could also be referencing the warehouse escape chapter right after the Museum of mummies arc ended, Emeri is referencing Jester's explosive crepe factory, and Serika is referencing the Ides of March arc. Now for some interesting trivia regarding the initial drafts for this arc.

    As I mentioned in previous commentaries, this arc was originally going to be Emeri's debut. As such, she would end up getting kidnapped by the goons at a convenience store and taken to the hotel. Serika still would have got kidnapped, but instead of encountering Emeri on her way to work, she'd have encountered Madoka.

    Madoka and Serika would argue with each other until Madoka would notice Emeri tied up in a car passing by. Serika would then chase after it and get kidnapped, while Madoka hid in an alley. Then Madoka would simply follow the goons to the hotel.

    Once I decided that Emeri would be introduced earlier in the story, I then had to find some way to keep Madoka out of the picture for a bit, and as shown in the story, the idea I came up with was having her be arrested and confined in a maximum security holding cell. This was why she ended up kicking Mochi in the face as that would give the police grounds to arrest her. Funnily enough, I actually had a maximum holding cell escape arc planned in the outlining phase of the story, but the full arc never came to fruition. I did salvage the idea as shown in the story though.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Escape:Witch Volume 1 Cover
    Escape:Witch Volume 1
    Chapter:17

    Aug 02, 2026

    Author's Commentary #16:

    Time to talk about Chapter 16: Ides of March Part 1.
    If you thought the cliffhanger at the end of the last chapter was bad, this one is even worse. Now Yuni's down her eyebrows and her hair and mind are in terrible shape. She even tried to mount a counterattack, but even that wasn't enough.

    You might have noticed that time went by rather quickly this chapter. That is because this arc will feature events taking place simultaneously from one another. This chapter focused solely on Yuni, while the next chapter will focus on someone else.

    Originally, this arc was much less dark, but still saw Yuni getting kidnapped by Fujiko and dragged to the salon. Back then, she was simply going to be chloroformed upon returning home, and wake up in the salon. To make matters worse for Yuni, Kurobane was even going to mandate she go to the salon to have Fujiko shave all her hair off as a sign of repentance for Bianka attacking Fujiko. To give some context, Bianka was originally going to come to the museum with Yuni and co, and leave to go after Fujiko. Mochi then would have blamed Yuni for giving the "order" to Bianka to leave, which would cause Kurobane to ultimately blame her for the incident and order her to get a makeover from Fujiko as punishment.

    Ironically enough, I actually ended up toning down Yuni's torture scene drastically here compared to in the original and [Remake]. In those two, Fujiko actually shows up at Yuni's house after midnight and sleeps with her before subjecting her to the hellish makeover. Here, Yuni simply gets dragged to a mobile salon after leaving her place, though is still subjected to almost the same torture she was in the original and [Remake], minus the manicure and pedicure. Her mind also doesn't break as easily here.

    One final thing I'll talk about is what Fujiko's theme song would be. It would likely be a menacing and slowed-down remix of Rossini's The Barber of Seville Overture. As for why, first I like classical music, second, I feel a menacing remix of Barber of Seville would fit Fujiko's character well considering she's an evil hair stylist. Perhaps the track would even be titled something like "Bald fetishist of Seville". However, if this novel ever were to get an anime adaptation, there would be a scene where the original Barber of Seville overture would be used as a soundtrack. As for what that scene is, I'll reveal that once it appears in the story.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Escape:Witch Volume 1 Cover
    Escape:Witch Volume 1
    Chapter:16