Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Hello! I'm Himitsu... a Himitsu? Just call me Himicchi! I've written a few fantasy stories. Currently I'm working on "The Second World" for the isekai contest.
Mar 25, 2025
To:Cashew Cocoa
It’s not necessarily haha funny, so it’s not like you need to be laughing out loud at it. It is ultimately more of a psychological horror than a dark comedy, too. Even though the first few chapters felt more comedic.
Mar 24, 2025
To:Lihinel
It says the beginning of this chapter in like the first para- kind of in passing!
Mar 23, 2025
To:_Caity_
Thank you for the feedback! I definitely can focus too much on character interactions, since generally my style is very character-focused. I really enjoy working on characterization, but you're probably right that it goes on a little long in this chapter.
Mar 21, 2025
To:lolitroy
Unplayable tbh. Need to patch in proper digestive systems in the 1.02 update.
That’s true. I felt like the setting was peculiar enough that some quick exposition was necessary. Maybe it could be a little less obviated.
Mar 15, 2025
I absolutely love the worldbuilding. The detail about unmarked graves as an element of culture is fascinating. The disdain for what humans have done is a thread I'm interested to follow up on. The praying skeletons remind me of "Made in Abyss" a little, and that's always a good thing to be reminded of.
The death of magic causing magical creatures to lash out is interesting. It makes me wonder if they're cornered; they know they're dying so they're panicking. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Getting to know Camille's backstory is very beautiful. The way you handled the mother's passing was heartfelt but painful. Her last words being her pride in her daughter hit me like a truck. Luca being the missing piece makes me even more worried about something happening to him!
Mar 14, 2025
Ah, understanding his backstory make it easier to follow him. He's doing it for love, and it's a bit twisted, but his grief really shows. I wonder if Luca and Camille's budding love will parallel Magnus and Eleanor in the future.
Mar 13, 2025
This is an interesting setup. The knight is a bit of an edgelord, so it's satisfying to see him get punished (corrected 💢👹). The elf is there to help, and I can't wait to see what her personality will be going forward. Mentor sort of?
But most importantly:
Naughty Edgelord Knight, get corrected! 💢💢💢
I really enjoy your dialogue.
I did really enjoy the prologue, but this chapter is way more entrancing. I love the characterization of Eirin, but also of Risei. I love that the princess is this complete gremlin and her companion is just filled with secondhand embarrassment. I see way more of this story now, and I'm super excited to continue it!
Ah. This is a fun turn. I like the eugenics aspect of it, it's horrifyingly utilitarian. He genuinely (wrongly) believes this will help humanity. I'm interested to see what Lyra did to betray him. As always, can't wait to read more.
Mar 12, 2025
Dang, she should have just healed all of her injuries from the beatings, that's what a Healer would do /s
It's a funny start. I can't tell from just the prologue what direction it will take, but it doesn't seem generic for a fantasy setting. I'm interested in what her character arc will be. I thought it would be a comedy from the title, but I'm getting the sense it's dramatic from the start. Maybe something between, I'll have to keep going. It's fun.
The setup with the princess leaving is a bit exciting. We get the prelude of the fisher, too. It seems like a subversion of the basic Little Mermaid plot where Princess Kei is caught up in solving the issues of other people rather than being stuck as a true "fish out of water". It's an interesting start!
Ah, and Magnus is her dad (actually I think it was mentioned in an earlier chapter and I was thinking too deep and overlooked)! That happened so fast. Last chapter he was watching Luca, so he's also protecting Luca here. Camille's status here is interesting, but it's also interesting how she doesn't immediately pull rank, and allows her father to do so for her. I can't wait to see her become more assertive (if she does)