Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
I love writing. So I write what I want.
For Goose Comments -- like, comment, and follow my stories. The more you pop up in my Notifications, the more likely I am to do the same for you.
Yes. It's a bribe.
Jul 17, 2026
Very curious as to what it was about the war in the MCs past that lead to his aversion to fighting. Was it the loss itself? Was it the fighting? It’s obvious he still has it in him. Still has the will to fight. And to win.
And what a twist at the end. Could it actually be Hilami? Or is it something else meant to protect the treasure???
Jul 16, 2026
To:Mara
Yeah…they’re pretty bad. They really have very few if any redeeming qualities. But Harbinger wants them saved. So you have to ask why? And at what point will they each become expendable?
Maybe Sebastian lives until the very end and goes on to have a wife and kids and is a king?
To:Goosey
Yeahhhh, Avii just can’t catch a break. Even the dreams of the good times have to be cut short. We can all hope that at some point his life gets better. Alas, who can say…
Jul 15, 2026
To:Jen_F
Yeah, some people don't care, so long as they get what they want. Sebastian is definitely a hateable character. And who knows, they could change...maybe...possibly...I mean, even assholes need their tools working to get the jobs done.
Some people kick the horse when it's down. And sometimes...it's a mule...
Thanks, Mara! Yeah, I'm not used to writing grimdark, so I'm happy the depressing fight for survival is translating. As for Harbinger, it definitely is a mystery at this point in the story. We'll have to see where it leads Avii and the soldiers. #itonlygetsworse
Thank you so much! It was definitely a fun chapter to flex Avii's abilities. Though a slave, he has definitely picked up a thing or two over the years. That and his innate ability to use a MULE to its maximum potential make him something to fear.
And what can I say? We'll just have to see how they respond to this combat...
Thanks for saying so. It sure would be nice if he ended up on their good side, huh? We will just have to see!
Now you're getting it! Harbinger, though seemingly neutral, is just another shackle binding him. This one is stronger than steel, because at least metal can bend. As for his mind, if it bends too much, it'll merely break.
Avii is no stranger to abuse. As a poet once wrote. He gets knocked down, but he gets up again. And whether or not he gets healing is unfortunately not up to him. For all he knows, the gods will be busy when they receive the call. As for Harbinger...hmmm, it can definitely be something...
Ostave is definitely a commander through and through. He weighs pros and cons in an instant. The question is whether he will live long enough to recognize some of them.
Ack! Shots fired! I'm hit! I'm becoming stardust!
I love these little moments of bonding and seeing how concerned Laya is for everyone’s happiness. It’s a great way to look at the optimism of youth in a world filled with struggle.
Jul 14, 2026
Fantastic foreshadowing in this chapter. You did such a great job building that suspense every moment, hinting that something was going on and only the children were being left in the dark. It really kept me engaged! Bravo!
I wonder what actually happened. I doubt that what the parents said was truthful, but sometimes you need to hide things from children to protect them.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
Jul 13, 2026
Interesting! I love the incorporation of a seer! What a great way to progress the story and push the hero forward. Even if this weregirl did just straight up doxx him! Very curious to see where this goes from here, you’ve got me hooked. I’m enjoying the way you do casual conversation between the characters. It’s got a nice flow to it. Keeps things moving and with a purpose.