Sep 26, 2026
To:Kyotosomo
I wouldn't cut this one, despite the excellent choreography of the battle it is necessary buildup and characterisation of Arthur as an enemy for the final battle.
The Damian fight was brutal but so far it would be the one I would miss least. And well the Finn fight. Both are sub-characters and they would make excellent additions / bonus chapters for later but they could be compressed in one tell paragraph about how brutal Nora's 2 battles between Jane and Lucas were without missing much from the narrative perspective. The nutcracker chapter referring to something that happened off-page would also be a nice way of using dramatic irony and teasing the reader a little.
And well some of the lessons might also work for compressing. Jane's older sister serves to develop Jane but since she is not that important as a character it might also do if it is just worked into the conversation between Nora and Jane. The physical training class with Petra's father was also fun but again something I'd consider compressing if needed. That should be enough I hope.