Slow

Slow

I mainly love writing anime inspired stories. So I am really glad I found this platform
[email protected]

registered at: Dec 01, 2024
Roles
  • Author
  • Badge

    badge-silver

    silver
    Achievements

    Sep 28, 2026

    Feedback #7

    Okay, I see where your feedback about the food is coming from, haha.

    It was good to learn about a specific type of Udari snack. It really helped add to the culture and the world-building. It was also a nice subtle detail to learn that Yui used to work in this shop before. I thought it was a nice touch because it showed that she was still connected to her culture even then.

    I also think the scene in the cemetery was done well. It added to Yui's compassionate nature, showing that she doesn't necessarily hate anyone. She treats both sides with kindness, even in death.

    If there's anything I would point out, it's not much—just two things.

    First, I think the narration could have made it a little clearer whether the shop owner knows Yui's identity. From the tone of the scene, it seems like she doesn't know that Yui is Udari. It would have been a nice addition to show a little more of Yui's feelings about that dynamic: she's Udari, the shop owner doesn't know her true identity, and yet the owner still likes and welcomes her.

    The other thing is the cemetery scene. When Yui was first seen doing what she was doing, I wasn't completely sure what she was trying to accomplish until she explained to Crow that she was trying to soothe the souls of the dead. That's a really nice detail, and I think the scene would have been even clearer if the narration had subtly established what she was doing from the beginning.

    These are just a couple of little things I wanted to point out.

    Good job, and excellent work, Momo!

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    1
    Flowers on the Battlefield
    Chapter:7







    From Empress to Commoner: The Former Demon Queen's Quest for a Peaceful Life Begins with Becoming a Hero
    Chapter:44

    Sep 27, 2026

    Feedback #6

    Okay, this chapter was pretty funny, especially with how, despite her adopted parents and servants cleaning up her room and leaving it spotless, somehow the moment Yui gets back, she immediately turns the entire place inside out and upside down once again. It really helps establish that this perpetual state of messiness as just part of Yui's normal living condition.

    This chapter also helped me understand the situation with Crow and Yui much better. Crow is actually a human who took Yui in when she was probably very young, and her adopted parents are humans who accepted her for who she is. Meanwhile, the humans outside in the city don't know who she really is because of the wig she wears. That all works really well.

    The only subtle thing I would point out is that, with characters in this kind of situation, the narration probably needs to occasionally remind us that they're living incognito. Not necessarily by repeatedly saying that Yui needs to hide who she is or explaining why, but through subtle details in her appearance, dialogue, mannerisms, or the way she interacts with people.

    Those little reminders can help reinforce that she's an outsider living among humans and that only a small number of people truly know and accept her.

    You already do some of this here, though, so it's not a major issue. In future stories, I'd just consider adding a little more of those subtle details whenever appropriate for these types of characters.

    Anyway, this was another good one. Excellent job, Momo!

    also, the MagiAmps is another cool world building detail. can't wait to see what it does.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    1
    Flowers on the Battlefield
    Chapter:6