Jun 13, 2026
To:Cashew Cocoa
Thanks for making it all the way to the end, Cashy! Esp since you weren't a fan of the loops, it makes me happy knowing the parts you did enjoy were enough to carry you through the rest.
Tbh this def isn't my favorite thing I've written. (Except for that chap with the anglerfish and the real Raika. I think I can say I cooked with that one >:3) The whole thing was actually based on an old Tokyo Ghoul-like idea I'd shelved ages ago. This contest just gave me enough motivation to finally do something with it. It got discarded for a reason though, so... yeah 💀
I also def agree Rei should've gotten more page time. I think I just completely ran out of ideas for what to do with her and started running on fumes around that point (which is also when I stopped updating for a month rip), so unfortunately her character development suffered for it.
As for the aftermath stuff, I think I'm just a sucker for open endings, so my instinct is always to end the story once the big reveal happens (in this case, the date reveal). But yeah I'm due for some kind of epilogue to tie things together in my stories.
Anyway, thanks again for reading 'til the end and for all the critim! I enjoy your comments cus you pay a lot of attention to character depth and that kind of stuff, so your perspective is always helpful.
Oh, you might not have to wait too long for more depresso cus I have a depresso idea for the monthly :3 I just need to actually write it, but work has been beating my ass lately 🫠
Also tbf wifey started it with the toenail comment. I'm the sane one here, yessir.
But you know Cashy, you can come drink some homemade toenail soup with us~ Food tastes better when you share :333