Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Feb 23, 2026
Edo feels so alive through their eyes, the smells, the overwhelming scale of it all. I love how differently Kaoru and Yuame experience the same city: one exhilarated, one slowly unraveling. That detail about the dark circles under Kaoru's eyes being his true nature threatening to show through was a nice touch. And Yuame struggling with human food after all this time... the little reminders that he's not human. Also… Kaoru's "pout melting back into a smile" when Yuame nudged him... he's so easy. He's so whipped. He just wants his ghost boyfriend to be happy.
This was such a satisfying conclusion to this arc. Kaoru actually listening and doing something meaningful with his privilege, not just apologizing but fixing things in a way that respects her concerns… it shows real growth. The children being taken somewhere safe with the Arima Onsen mark was a lovely detail. I am imagining the road trip. Toko seeing trees for the first time. Rivers. Mountains. Other PEOPLE. Kaoru just watching his face light up the whole time. I NEED THIS ANIMATED.
The shift from mysterious presence to someone with history and heartache was painful, especially the detail about speaking with the children. Kaoru's laugh filling that small, sad room was a lovely moment of lightness. And now I'm desperate to know whether she'll accept his offer. The slow build of trust between them feels so natural. Can't wait for the next part. Kaoru literally just admitted he came back because HE WAS LONELY. He didn't come to save her (yet), he came because he wanted to talk to the scary ghost again. That's so pathetic and endearing. He's just a guy who wants a goth gf.
What a beautifully atmospheric chapter! I loved the way you described the presence, feeling it before seeing it, that shift in the air. The tanuki reveal at the end was a nice touch too. Kaoru's mixture of curiosity and drunken boldness makes him an intriguing character to follow. Really curious to learn more about who (or what) she is and why that small guest room matters. I did not expect the ghost to be sassy, I thought this was going to be tragic. Loved this take though. You have a nice way of describing that makes me lose myself in the scene. Great start, can’t wait to see where this goes.
Feb 21, 2026
You do a great job balancing the heavy stuff with some genuinely funny moments. Doctor Kurou being way too excited about a "real, genuine case of amnesia" made me laugh, and the dad slinking off to the corner absolutely killed me. He's got all these people who clearly love him, but he's still alone with a blank mind. Really feeling for TK here. Can't wait to see if more memories come back tomorrow!
This chapter shows that healing needs tiny steps taken forward. I love that they've settled into their silent morning coffee ritual without ever discussing it. The contrast between their ikebana styles: Shuhei stripping things down to essentials, Kaho building something fuller and more complex. It feels like a window into how their minds work.
Also appreciated the glimpse into Shuhei's world outside… Kabukichō and his job hints at something darker waiting for him. I am curious and want to know more. What does he mean that Tokyo waiting "jaws open". Now it feels confirmed that he doesn’t actually want to be healed, he’s just recharging before going back into the same that clearly broke him? "thoughts of Kaho lingered in his mind as the scents of the flowers lingered in his nose." Simple and lovely. They're both becoming part of each other's landscape without even trying. Great chapter as always.
Jun planned this. He waited until she was stable. He waited until he was discharged. He waited for the RIGHT MOMENT. And then he offered her a choice. This is how you love someone with trauma. Hikari watching from above: "Finally. GO GET HIM, SIS."
To:kcayu
Shou has been dealing with his own issues behind the scenes. I am happy to hear that you like how I wrote the fame, it took so much research. 😭 How everyone is going to react is next.
To:Literate_Manul
I agree, without charismas break I wouldn't have been able to research and outline Hide Me and write the first few chapters. Still, this means you are a fast writer, I envy fast writers! 😭 Don't worry about the spotlight part, this is my interpretation of the prompt, doesn't mean it is correct. But Neko Tokyo has an original concept, I am sure it is gonna do well in the contest. Thank you for believing in my story.
Feb 20, 2026
Okay, Akio just inserted himself into her love life in the most nosy way possible 😂 Reading someone's private letter and then using it to diagnose them as "friend zoned" is wild. But he's not wrong about her having every opportunity and nothing happening... That snap and "friend zoned" was brutal but lowkey funny. Curious if he'll actually help or just make things more complicated. Also love that we got his name finally! Is Akio’s hobby matchmaking?
Hi kcayu! A romcom this time, I see… I’m excited to read something lighthearted and fun. I already know the romance is going to be good. I could feel Miyo’s panic through the screen. After her anxiety built up all day and then the letter went missing, this was bound to happen. I also loved the small moment of Shinichi brushing her hair back… such a sweet detail. Part of me hopes she doesn’t find the letter though… I want the drama! Can’t wait to see what happens next.
Okay, this opening really hooked me. The dreamlike quality of the near-drowning mixed with that insistent voice calling him back was well written. And the reveal at the end, him not recognizing the girl who clearly loves him or himself.. really curious to see where this memory loss angle goes and who this strawberry-blonde girl is to him.
This chapter feels like a quiet exhale after the intensity of the last one. The way Shuhei simply shows up with coffee and sits with her without demanding anything, that's such a perfect continuation of who he is. He notices, he acts gently, and then he just stays. No pressure, no words needed. The actor's line about "the breaking" stood out to me. "None of us can escape the breaking." It's such a simple truth that applies to everyone in this facility, maybe everyone everywhere. And that moment when their fingers touched... you wrote it so softly, with her too exhausted to flinch or apologize, and him not recoiling. It's tiny but it feels significant. Two people who've been hurt just existing beside each other. Also, learning their names finally feels like a small ceremony in itself. Kaho (Summer) and Shuhei. Looking forward to seeing what grows from here.
SHOWER MONSOON! “Like horses?” This girl has never stood under falling water and it’s somehow the most relatable thing about her. Also Rowan’s internal suffering is so entertaining, suffer more, sorry not sorry. dude just wanted to write his essay and now he’s hosting a runaway noble in his shoebox apartment. When she moved to grab the towel?? She definitely has some kind of training. Also the LinkedIn tracking is both terrifying and hilarious. Please tell me she dyes her hair and it goes horribly wrong. Need more immediately.
This was a fun read. I was NOT expecting a full-on runaway princess in a wet kimono to walk into a Seattle 7-Eleven at 2 AM, but here we are Rowan's inner monologue is killing me, "Man I need to update that" after catching a literal noblewoman had me cackling. Also Khris filming everything is such a mood. Really curious where this goes! The "glass prison" line…. Forced marriage, rich family, Yakuza? You’ve got a great hook here