Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Writing for fun and for myself can't stop anymore...
Jan 03, 2026
How dramatic! Perhaps a tendency towards theatrics runs in the family. I had been planning to mention Pax's father again for a while, but for some reason it just felt right to do it right here. Things should start speeding up from now on (i think) so feel free to get excited.
Dec 30, 2025
Is this a romance novel? I put the romance tag on it, but honestly I'm not really sure if this could be considered a romance. Pax; Unliving certainly deals with the idea of romance, but most of the time Pax is stuck completely alone. This is the regretful and shameful side of romance. He constantly dwells in the past, but is unable to change in a meaningful way -- At least that's what I wanted to depict here. Maybe in the future there is hope for Pax to find happiness in his next romance.
Dec 24, 2025
Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate When I was writing this chapter I checked and found that I had only mentioned Trance once before this chapter. It was when Ash was teaching Pax the basics of magic (around chapter 3). Trance has always been an important part of the power system though. I'll go deeper into it at some point (maybe cycle 4)
Dec 18, 2025
Power scaling... is a bit difficult in this series. I didn't create any sort of ranking system or numerical way to compare the strengths of different characters in this story. Maybe that was a mistake, honestly, I'm not sure. In any case, here is a list from strongest to weakest of all the characters from part 1 (I don't want to spoil part 2): 1. Kael Drogo 2. Charlotte 3.Raya Drogo 4. Pax 5. Lucius Drogo 6. Ash 7. Martha Witherton 8. Alexander Telantra 9. Donovan Witherton 10. Rock 11. Oliver 12. Mau 13. Veronica I didn't include anyone who only appeared for a single chapter (such as Duke Lagrimas) or anyone from the distant future (like Victoria). ...Hopefully I didn't forget anyone
Dec 08, 2025
I'm still alive! I'm sure that a good portion of my billions of fans were worried when I hadn't posted for... about a month. Things got busy okay! Well, it was completely my own fault but that's neither here nor there. In any case, I should be more consistent from now on. After finals end, I should start posting something like every other day... hopefully. Since it's been a while, I don't blame you if you've completely forgot what was going on. It's not that complicated, but here is a short summary of what has happened in the story so far: Pax got reincarnated in another world after murderizing himself but then almost everyone he knew and loved was killed as well. No worries, he's still got his awesome gf! .... but then she died too. Unfortunately, when Pax was killed after that he came back to life and now thirsts for revenge!
Nov 13, 2025
If this book were an anime, what episode would we be on? I feel like Pax's third death would be a good moment to end a season on but I'm not sure that there are 12 episodes of things happening for that to be the case. I did keep the pacing fairly fast so I have no idea how many episodes would be in a single episode. But if it's something like 4, then we'd only be on episode 11 at the moment. Well, it truly doesn't matter... I just couldn't think of anything else to say here.
Nov 08, 2025
I changed the cover just like I said I would. Honestly, I don't think that updating the cover helps me get views in any way. I probably won't change the cover again for the foreseeable future. If you want to see the past covers, you can look in the showcase area of the book. The main reason I changed the cover was that I wasn't really a big fan of the last one. It was too dark and not that visually interesting. In contrast, this cover is much more colorful. I think it looks a lot better.
Nov 02, 2025
I felt that this story needed more characters. Now that Pax is fleshed out, I think that it will be more interesting to write from other perspectives in a more seamless way than before. Pax's choices sometimes create big changes to the Fate of the world.
Oct 28, 2025
Finally, the chapter that has the same name as the title of the novel. It took a while but we finally made it to the end of part 1. I came up with the idea of "Unliving" because some isekai have titles like "living in another world etc." or "life with my etc." So I wondered what it would be like to write about a protagonist who isn't truly "living" in the world he reincarnated in. Like a zombie he is forced to march. If I were to make an overly descriptive title for this story it would be something like, "Forced to live in this fantasy world even though I'm so depressed that I desperately want to kill myself" Doesn't really roll off the tongue as much as "Pax; Unliving"
Oct 25, 2025
I recently learned that chemical engineering is not, in fact, all fun and games. That's my excuse for the late chapter. Next chapter is extremely important. so get hyped or something. I will be making a new cover somewhat soon, this time Ima try to be more abstract. get hyped for that too ig. lemme know your thoughts on anything. I also give out life advice in my free time.
Oct 19, 2025
Should've posted yesterday but alcohol ended up foiling my plans once again. Don't drink too much kiddos. This arc is almost over btw! Should only be 2 to 3 chapters more.
Oct 15, 2025
This chapter is why I was unsure about how old to make Pax die in his first life. Being an adult wouldn't make sense for his character so 16 or 17 would probably be best. Ultimately I decided to make it be 14 as a personal choice. It makes it slightly harder to justify the knowledge that Pax has this way but like use your imagination or suspend belief for a lil bit or something. Of course, magic is also another option.
Oct 11, 2025
I like dreams. You can do a lot with them narratively too. It's a good way to showcase Pax's fears and what's important to him without being too direct. Though, you could argue that this chapter was a bit direct in what it was trying to accomplish. I like being cryptic but I'm not too good at it.
To:spicarie
ty for reading. Don't worry, it should get more intense than this eventually :)
Oct 06, 2025
Does this magic system make sense? It does to me but that's because I'm the one who made it up. I sort of drew inspiration from a lot of things when making it and mashed several things together. You can try to guess what my inspirations were if you want. I feel like I should have given a more clear description at some point. Well, at this point in the story, no one has a clear picture of the entire thing so as long as you get the gist of it you should be fine. Pax will explain a little bit next chapter so look forward to that.