Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Sep 15, 2021
Eve is supposed to feel more like an observer than anything, I had hoped to slowly characterize her while seeing the important characters and their dynamics through her eyes.
Yep, one of Elly's biggest problems is not taking help when it's offered.
Fair enough.
I'm still not sure if/when I should make that known tbh.
Yes, exactly. Dragons and apples are her two great passions.
Because she might be after Blake's dragon eggs.
Good, that was the idea.
I know I probably should, but I like them all so much. They all have their own stories, I don't like the idea of characters just being there for the sake of moving the plot. I don't know if the blow to the pace is worth it, though...
It's just you, lol. I think I read the first two books when I was a little kid, but I don't remember liking them much.
That would be quite a plot shift, can't deny I'd like to see that.
Reordering is definitely a possibility. I've received similar comments. Another thing to consider is that this story isn't just about Blake. I'm introducing a lot of characters because they're important. If it feels like the story is going nowhere or the cast has no goals, that isn't far off, it's somewhat a slice of life at the beginning, just about getting to know the cast slowly.
Drat, I thought I had fixed all the grammar issues, thanks for pointing it out!
Yeah, the beginning is kind of slow. It's setup, a lot of setup.
I'm not sure what the cultivation genre is, but it's not exactly that (though it's similar).