Aug 03, 2026
I think a problem I'm having with a lot, if not most, of the heroine entries is that there might be a sort of long-term plot or core wound, but for the most part we seem to be writing a lot of haha funni with little else to back it up. I like a lot of the background stuff like Lavender's motivations, the way the magic system is set up, the whole disgraced family thing and Hazel in general, but I guess I don't see a reason to be attached to anything or anyone outside of Hazel yet. I don't think this is an issue necessarily or even a criticism, but as of now I kind of don't give a shit about Lavender
and this is a general issue I have with EH where the heroine is less interesting than everything else. I'm not sure if it's by design because of the uwu kawaii flaw cringe, but since 95% of the eNdEaRiNg FlAwS are either stupid or sowocially awkward the heroines just kind of seem flat? I feel like in general people are focusing too much on the Flaw(TM) and her being Overpowered(TM) but not like... adding any substance beyond that. By comparison, at least with the better writers, the rest of the cast/world is so much more interesting to read about...