Mario Nakano 64

Mario Nakano 64

It's a me. I'm an aspiring light novel writer hoping to one day see my works in anime form. I hope that my works at least brighten up your day and give you something to look forward to.

registered at: Jun 30, 2023
MyAnimeList iconMyAnimeList icon
Roles
  • Author
  • Artist
  • Badge

    badge-gold

    gold
    Achievements


    Aug 21, 2026

    Author's Commentary #30:

    Time to talk about Chapter 30: Matcha's revelation.
    Originally, I struggled to come up with a title for this chapter, but decided to go with "Reminiscence" since the chapter is primarily focused on the characters reminiscing about past events. Here, I decided to go with "Matcha's revelation", because I felt it sounded better as a title.

    This chapter is completely [Remake] original. I originally planned for this to be two chapters and to have all the events be told in flashbacks, but ultimately decided to just merge all my ideas into one chapter. For the part about Mochi, I realized there wouldn't really be much in the flashback since Matcha wasn't really there to witness any of the events, thus it made more sense to just explain what happened from her point of view.

    As for the bit about Yuni working part time, I was actually considering making that it's own mini-arc, however, I ultimately decided to just do the small flashback with Rika offering to help Yuni and Yuni quitting after being offered to become a detective. While it may feel rushed, I'm at least happy I was able to put the small flashback with Rika and Yuni into the story. Speaking of Rika, since this will be her last major appearance in the story, I feel now is the time to give her bio.

    稜之 俐佳 (Ryono Rika) is how her name is spelled in kanji. 俐佳 means "sharp" and "beautiful" while 稜之 means "peak" and "to reach".

    As for Ryokoma, りょうこま is how it is it is written in Japanese, though it might be written in katakana instead as リョーコマ. Since Ryokoma is actually a combination of the names Ryono and Komachi, I'm assuming hiragana would be used, but since I'm not 100% sure, I included the name in katakana.
    (If I made any mistakes with the translations, feel free to correct me).

    Her birthday is April 12th, which is also the day Ryokoma first opened.

    And with that, we are now one chapter away from the final arc of Volume 1. In the original, I struggled a lot with writing said arc, due to a certain plot point. That plot point being Nadea and Vanessa. Ultimately, I ended removing them from the arc and rewrote certain parts of it to make it flow better. Of all the arcs from the original, I'd argue this upcoming one received the most editing and revisions.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Escape:Witch Volume 1 Cover
    Escape:Witch Volume 1
    Chapter:30

    Aug 21, 2026

    Author's Commentary #29:

    Time to talk about Chapter 29: Heart-to-heart with Rika.
    This chapter was largely original to [Remake], and as such, I ended up having to write most of it from scratch. However, it was worth it as this chapter helped give more character development to not just Serika and Yuni, but also showcased Rika in the role I originally intended for her to have in this story.

    To give a bit more context as to why Rika knew Fubuki was Yuni's mom, on the day Fubuki first stopped by Ryokoma, Rika noticed that she looked and sounded similar to Yuni's aunt, Hitomi. However, what truly made her realize she was Yuni's mother was the meals she ordered. The two meals she ordered were egg rolls and Col Masaru's chicken to go. Since egg rolls were Hitomi's favorite meal and Col Masaru's was Yuni's, Rika was able to piece together that Fubuki was likely Yuni's mother.

    Finally, Matcha has properly made her debut in the story, She did cameo back in Chapter 5, however, now she'll have a larger role in the story. She's actually the middle sister of the Myouchi family and tends to be a more serious and no-nonsense type of person.

    名智 抹茶 (Myouchi Matcha) is how her name is spelled in kanji. 抹茶 means "to erase" and "tea".
    She was obviously named in reference of matcha tea which is why her hair is also green. Funnily enough, pink is her natural hair color, but she decided to dye her hair green.
    (If I made any mistakes with the translations, feel free to correct me).

    Her birthday is May 2nd which is is National Matcha Day, and while she does enjoy drinking matcha tea, her favorite food is actually yakisoba.

    Like this chapter, the next chapter will feature remake original content. Content which I have yet to write as of this commentary. While I was able to keep up the daily upload streak, I'm unsure if I'll be able to. Then again, I did say something similar in the previous commentary, so who knows.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Escape:Witch Volume 1 Cover
    Escape:Witch Volume 1
    Chapter:29


    Aug 21, 2026

    Author's Commentary #27:

    Time to talk about Chapter 27: The Ginkawa hot springs.
    This was pretty much a wholesome hot springs chapter. In terms of differences between this and the original draft, the only notable difference is that Mimi is now present in the chapter. Speaking of Mimi, I feel like I need to give a bit more context as to what she's referring to, but first, I'll give a quick bio on Gnoreville.

    Gnoreville actually originates from one of my Shiruka sensei short stories, Four very bloody sentences to be precise. He's actually based off of the Vinesauce character, Gnorts.

    ノールビル (Gnoreville) is how his name is spelled in katakana.

    His birthday is May 12th which is also Vinny Vinesauce's birthday.

    He won't really have much of a role in Escape Witch, though he does have more screen time in Spice of life. Now onto Mimi.

    Mimi actually first encountered Ruchi Ookuma back in 2007 and ended up taking a nasty slash to the stomach in order to protect a 10-year old Rika. She was then cryogenically frozen for 9 years before being thawed out and having her life saved in 2016 by a skilled physician.

    However, Mimi is also a member of the Ginkawa family from a parallel world that was merged with this one. Not to mention, Harumi's niece Reiju, the main protagonist of Mystery ghost foresight, ended up being the one to pay the cryogenics company for Mimi's refreezing back in 2007.

    Since Mimi is an official member of the Ginkawa family, she lives in the mansion. Since Ryokoma is literally a boat ride away from the mansion, she usually takes a boat to and from work and home.

    銀川 心美 (Ginkawa Mimi) is how her name is written in kanji. 心美 means "heart" and "beauty".
    (If I made any mistakes with the translations, feel free to correct me).

    Her birthday is January 20th which is National Cheese Lovers Day. This is fitting considering her favorite food is Danablu cheese.

    As for the Ginkawa milk, it is based off of the Chateau Romani milk from The Legend of Zelda Majora's mask. This was what actually led me to decide to make Gnoreville and his buddies servants working for the Ginkawa family, as I thought it would be a neat to have the aliens raising the cows unlike in the game where the aliens are trying to abduct the cows. Ginkawa milk is not commercially available like Chateau Romani is in in the game.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Escape:Witch Volume 1 Cover
    Escape:Witch Volume 1
    Chapter:27

    Aug 21, 2026

    Author's Commentary #26:

    Time to talk about Chapter 26: Training at the Ginkawa mansion.
    There is a lot to talk about, but first I want to talk more about Fubuki since her real name has finally been revealed. First off, a little backstory.

    Fubuki and her older twin sister Hitomi both hail from the Kirikawa clan, a ninja clan most known for having numerous multiple births throughout the family's history. In fact, it is considered abnormal if a woman from the clan bears any thing less than twins. Speaking of which, Fubuki and Hitomi's mother is a quintuplet, while Hitomi's children are triplets. Fubuki is the first woman from the clan in decades to give birth to only a single child, though she could have given birth to two children, albeit, they wouldn't have been twins.

    二川 一心 (Futagawa Hitomi) is how Hitomi's name is written in kanji. 一心 means "one" and "heart".

    As for Fubuki, 切川 二見 (Kirikawa Futami) is how her real name is spelled in kanji. 二見 means "two" and "to see" while 切川 means "to cut" and "river"
    (If I made any mistakes with the translations, feel free to correct me).

    Both Hitomi and Fubuki were born on February 2nd. This date is fitting because they are twins. It is also the day after Yuni's birthday.

    Now to talk more about the chapter. In the original draft for Escape Witch, I intended for the girls to go to a gym where they would end up getting captured and bound with zip ties. Originally, that arc would occur right before the Ginkawa mansion was shown. Once I finalized the plans for the story, I decided to instead convert that arc into a training arc at the mansion. That way, Yuni and Serika would remain at the mansion and the idea would be preserved.

    The Ginkawa mansion arc as a whole is easily one of the more lighthearted arcs in the story, which is needed considering the previous arc was pretty dark. And speaking of lighthearted, the next chapter is a hot springs chapter, so expect some hot springs antics next chapter.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Escape:Witch Volume 1 Cover
    Escape:Witch Volume 1
    Chapter:26