Jio Kurenai

Jio Kurenai

Author of Parable of the Renegades, or ParaRene for short.

Aspiring Game Designer and writer who loves it when games and stories get married to create an experience.

Criticism of my work is definitely welcome, so long as it's constructive!

I'm also looking forward to reading what you write! ;D

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

June 21st, 2020 was the last time "Parable of the Renegades" made it to the #1 spot in both the Weekly and Monthly Rankings!

As this is my first web novel, I can't ever hope to describe how ecstatic I am! Thank you to all my readers for the rad comments, which I always make time to read. I hope I can continue to write prose that makes your already satisfying day even better!

registered at: Nov 15, 2016
Roles
  • Author
  • Badge

    badge-bronze

    bronze
    Achievements







    Mar 18, 2018

    To:RadiantDouble96

    Hell yeah, it's good to be back and to read through a landslide of awesome comments from you guys. This is one of the few times in life where I look forward to reading a wall of text.

    Like how Rio advised Lucas to be alert and observe as his journey through her contract commences, I also asked you to try to find any hints that may be scattered throughout the chapters, and I gotta say, you continue to impress. I say that as well to Stella Procella, who just hopped onboard the Renegade bandwagon shortly before I published this chapter! Now I won't say your analysis is perfect, but I'll admit it deserves praise. You'll just have to see how accurate you truly are when more things come to light.

    If memory serves me right, I think you're the first person to actively praise Lucas as a character, and that's a breath of fresh air because I can recall several comments that speak highly of Rio. Well, then again, I've been more direct with Rio's character as I did dedicate a chapter to her backstory. Lucas has been more subtle because I wanted to focus on his present qualities, which reveal themselves as the story progresses. That being said, it doesn't dismiss his past never being brought to light. To have a grasp of his personality and to even call him a dynamic character that keeps you guessing is something I greatly appreciate because that has always been my aim for him.

    Now then, you've come up with some pretty interesting speculations

    *On Rio having self-reliance, I can say that she follows that to some great degree considering that she did work to make her and her sister's lives stable again.

    *Rio not reacting to her transformation in this chapter is because she already knows about it as her backstory ended with her discovering her true form for the first time.

    *The regeneration happened because part of [Reaper's Embrace] involves healing the damage of the one who is draining vitality from someone else. I nearly thought that I forgot to mention something so crucial as part of Rio's description when she first revealed it.

    *You'll have to wait till the next time Fenris makes an appearance to get an answer to your suspicions.

    *Your suspicion on why Rio spoke with dual voices when a part of her true form leaked out was not entirely accurate with where I'm going, but it's not too far off either.

    *I've already decided that a Renegade's Laws will activate only when certain conditions are met. If I had a Renegade with a Law to manipulate fire, I certainly won't let them control fire on a whim. There has to be some criteria before they get to generate some flames. I'd say having perfect control of your Law is knowing everything about its conditions for activation to the point that you can easily set up when the passive ability will activate to when you desire even if you don't literally control it like how Reaper's Embrace will only activate through skin-to-skin contact between at least two people in Rio's Influence.

    *Lucas will deal with the consequences of the loud noises he and Rio made in the next chapter

    *It's not out of the equation but I currently don't think Lucas will use the fact he touched some "foreign goods" to his advantage. I think he'd rather keep that to himself, but you never know.

    *He'll probably keep the recent events between him and Rio to himself. Rio, on the other hand, might do something with it if it will be of use to her... somehow.

    Sorry if I sound like a troll, but I just can't confirm or disconfirm your speculations here and now because it's more fun to have surprises. Of course, if I truly want you guys to know something, then I'll give my revelation at my own discretion. Naturally, as the story moves along, the answers will be revealed in due time. :)

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Volume 1 Cover
    Parable of the Renegades [BETA Version]
    Chapter:21


    Volume 1 Cover
    Parable of the Renegades [BETA Version]
    Chapter:21



    Mar 15, 2018

    To:Deleted User

    It's massive comments like yours that truly highlight every chapter I post! First of all, thank you very much! :D

    To marathon my work is something that always leaves me astounded. And to even have such a comment with deadly and precise insight honestly frightens me (in a good way)! I really need to step up my game if I wish to throw you off for a twist!

    Well I guess I can address a few things you pointed out.

    The inspiration for [Laws] believe it or not, is a bedroom. Even if you don't own the house it's a part of, your bedroom is your space whether it's big or small and your personal rules apply there. As for how [Laws] require trial and error to figure out, I based that on how there are some qualities of yourself that you yourself may not realize and you require someone else to point it out for you. Thus, perfectly mastering a [Law] means truly understanding yourself.

    Lo and Behold! Another fan of Rio has revealed itself. Seriously, she is pretty much the reason people read this novel! That being said, your comment tells me that you understood her the way I intended and that really makes me happy.

    On a side-note, while it has been stated that you can recover from the strain of [Reaper's Embrace] after resting for the same amount of time you've been touched, let me at least say that it doesn't end there. I'll reveal what that is in a future chapter. For Lucas and Rio's relationship, I'll reveal a huge part related to that very soon!

    I can talk about much more but I might end up walking on thin ice, so I'll have to leave things be for now.

    Thanks to you, I've bypassed a 300 "likes" milestone and I hope the numbers continue to grow! If there was one disappointment I had, it's that I didn't take a screenshot of the notification bell. I've never received a number of notifications with two digits before!

    And last, but not least... After 3 months of a hiatus, I've finally written the next chapter! You really picked a perfect time to hop on the Renegade bandwagon, Stella! I hope you enjoy my comeback chapter, and I hope it raises more speculation! ;)

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Volume 1 Cover
    Parable of the Renegades [BETA Version]
    Chapter:20


    cover-default
    I Can Hear Your Thoughts, but it's not like I'm Telling You or Anything!
    Chapter:12