Jio Kurenai

Jio Kurenai

Author of Parable of the Renegades, or ParaRene for short.

Aspiring Game Designer and writer who loves it when games and stories get married to create an experience.

Criticism of my work is definitely welcome, so long as it's constructive!

I'm also looking forward to reading what you write! ;D

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

June 21st, 2020 was the last time "Parable of the Renegades" made it to the #1 spot in both the Weekly and Monthly Rankings!

As this is my first web novel, I can't ever hope to describe how ecstatic I am! Thank you to all my readers for the rad comments, which I always make time to read. I hope I can continue to write prose that makes your already satisfying day even better!

registered at: Nov 15, 2016
Roles
  • Author
  • Badge

    badge-bronze

    bronze
    Achievements




    Nov 01, 2017

    To:TrinityNovels

    When my laptop broke down, I realized that although I never physically damaged it, I may have spent too much time using it whether it be for writing, watching stuff or playing games. I also learned that the price of ordering a laptop from abroad was too high (and not just in terms of cash). It just isn't worth the risk if getting it repaired will be quite tedious because the country you live in doesn't know much about the ins and outs of the machine besides its name.

    But enough about that, I just absolutely enjoy answering the questions you and my other readers bring up in the comments. One of my favorite ways to spend time.

    Lucas decided to write in a journal mainly because he can't just remember long-term of what Rio explained to him without even having a first-hand experience at some of them. I'd say he's actually quite anxious considering what he's getting himself into, but apparently, he knows that if he must panic, he should do so internally. For now, he's just doing what he can to raise his chances of survival even if by just a little bit and the journal is also a nice way to let out his private thoughts.

    Only Rio thinks Lucas is a Renegade like herself because of his unusually colored eyes. Besides that, Lucas remains unconvinced because he had yet to naturally display any sort of strange phenomena the Renegades are effortlessly capable of doing (Influence, Laws, Stigma, etc.).

    Rio did say all Renegades are pretty tough and that it was the only consistent superhuman ability they would ever have but Lucas' ability to take a beating comes from his experience in the Underground Arena. As explained in chapter 12, Lucas has extremely dense bones that he unknowingly developed due to the countless microfractures they sustained from all the fights he endured.

    Reapers Embrace really was the third Law Rio discovered but it was the first one she gave a name to because it was the power that allowed her to escape from her bedridden lifestyle. For her first two Laws, there is a hint about her discovering them before Reaper's Embrace somewhere in her origin story. Just so you know, she has actually been taking advantage of one of them since she had her first encounter with Lucas! Nothing explicit though, but I will bring them to light when I feel the time is right.

    Rio's got that superiority complex thanks to her status as a Renegade and the advantages it gives her but yes, she does not realize that some things are not to be underestimated and she can be left vulnerable when that's exploited especially when it was unexpected. She never expected Lucas to take a baby step out of overcoming his shyness towards girls but then again, she was pressuring him so... yeah.

    Hope I tied the loose ends. If not, feel free to let me know and I'll try to explain things better!

    While I'm at it, I'm working on the next chapter that will finally conclude this little scenario of Lucas and Rio being forced to share a bed until the sun rises! One things for sure, it's gonna be a rough night at least for Lucas! ;)

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Volume 1 Cover
    Parable of the Renegades [BETA Version]
    Chapter:19









    Oct 05, 2017

    To:James K.

    Davis not being affected too badly by his countless headbanging to the lamppost was really just meant for comedy reasons but then again, Davis can be quite hard-headed, probably not just figuratively. I got the idea for this when I read a Dragonball Z crossover special where the special guest was Kankitchi Ryotsu, the main character of "KochiKame", which is a gag manga that ran for an impressive 40 years in Weekly Shonen Jump without the author taking a break! (Holy S**t, that's some dedication). In the special, Frieza tries to kill him with every Earth-breaking attack he's got, only for the ordinary human to survive unscathed. Was it because he was superhuman? No, he's ordinary but his invincibility is because he's a gag character and gag characters can survive anything life-threatening like a point-blank explosion from dynamite. That being said, Davis is by no means, invincible, and this was simply meant to be him expressing his frustration in an exaggerated manner over his introverted friend seeming to hit it off with a Nihanese.

    By the way, Davis, even though he's got some of the pre-requisites to becoming a Renegade (not revealing the exact details there yet), was planned and will always be a human. (Sorry!)

    I want Yakumo to come back too but she's all the way back in Nihan and has no reason to play a role for now. T_T By the way, if you know "School Rumble", I based my Yakumo on the character of the same name in that series, partially because of her opposite characteristics with her older sister.

    Glad you liked my food scene and the foodgasm that came with it. As much as I'm pleased the way it is now, it would have been better if I had a way for Rio to describe how each of the individual ingredients are affecting her like how characters in Shokugeki no Souma tend to say all sorts of randomness like the acidity of what they're eating or the amino acids that get released into the tongue after taking a bite out of this (I'm just spit-balling here). There's an interview with the author of that series somewhere in Anime News Network on how he comes up with such over the top analogies but I've yet to bring myself to look it up again after reading it once before.

    I'm glad you're looking forward to Fenris! I've already got an idea on how things with him will go but the transition to him is currently where I'm having some writer's block. Well, I still have another chapter that does not involve him so I still have a bit of time to think while writing. I get why you called him "Fenrir" and that's partly why his name is like that but yeah, I noticed a few of guys misspelled his name. Maybe that won't be the case anymore when he finally gets some of the spotlights!

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Volume 1 Cover
    Parable of the Renegades [BETA Version]
    Chapter:18

    Oct 05, 2017

    Heyo! Your paragraphs need to be separated, but I don't blame you because you already knew you had to do that since that's not the case with the paragraphs in the previous chapters. It's most likely because of a recent Honeyfeed update that our paragraphs come out as fused together if we copy and paste from another word editor (though that isn't the case with copying and pasting to the comment section). Hope they fix that soon because it's pretty stressful work for me and a few other authors here.

    Since your chapter isn't that long, I suggest you take this opportunity to split your paragraphs manually before any of your other readers gets a little stressed from reading a wall of text.

    Kris having an "Attractive" face is pretty subjective so you need to dig down a bit deeper into what makes him like that if you want us to think the same. By adding a little more detail like maybe describing the shape of his face, his nose, and mouth. Better not even use the word "attractive" at all if you are describing your characters. Save it for moments that involve the eye of the beholder like a character finds this other person to be attractive because of her slanted emerald eyes, crimson hair that framed her heart-shaped face, cat-like smile, etc. Those features are probably not attractive to some people but at least it shows your character has his own distinguishable tastes. No need to use them all but at least give enough because right now, I'm imagining Kris to be faceless aside from having eyes and hair. I probably made that mistake somewhere in my work too!

    With that out of the way, I've taken a premature liking to the female king. Raven hair, sapphire eyes, and white skin, she has almost exactly the same features as the female lead in my novel! (*^*)

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    cover-default
    The King's Advisor
    Chapter:3