Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Hobbyist writer, attempting to improve. Criticism welcome.
Jun 02, 2023
OK, I hate to be this guy, but I need the deep lore. My infantile brain craves it.
How did he lock her door without her keys?
Pizza time~
I can't help but notice a distinct lack of VTubing in this chapter.
I'm a simple guy. I see cats, I read. I like the setup and where this is going.
You somehow managed to make me feel guilty for blowing off my friends when I was a teenager decades ago because I was an incurable introvert and hated socializing. Nicely done.
BTW, if the president did come out with that top ten list, who do you think would make #1?
I second what Kitsune said. Love the imagery of the dreamscape.
To:Harmonica Writes
Oh, I love that. Maybe I should steal that idea and have her hide and play her horn, or convince a passerby to play it for her, every time she makes an entrance.
To:kazesenken
The "magic" of gunpowder.
To:Kitsune
Thank you for saying so! Making the decision to go with an action opening was really difficult. I think I posted 3 different chapter drafts in chat, but there were like 12 others that never saw the light of day.
To:WALKER
Admittedly, I was inspired by reading Ascendance of a Bookworm, in which the MC's common sense from Earth conflicts with the common senses of the people in the isekai world. I wanted to explore that more from the opposite direction, even though I know it will be a bit of a challenge to convey this world's common sense to the reader.
That was a nice tone curve at the end. I could really feel the franticness, and was refreshing after all the somber self-reflection.
"which would hopefully be soon" 😭
Jun 01, 2023
This one didn't change much from the first draft, but I can tell you put in the work to clean it up.
Contemporary setting is peak fiction. 😜
I feel for the MC here. I always hated those kinds of long school speeches too.
Even in fiction, the economics of the gaming business are brutal, and large content creators ruin things for people outside their fanbase.
This was a nice start!