Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Sep 11, 2021
To:Real Aire
I guess I just read the scene weirdly, it came across as a little forced.
Happy to. Sorry I could only get to a few chapters today, personal problems came up. I'll try to get through as many as I can in my spare time.
To:Workaholic
That's NOT the moral lmao but sure.
Hmm. I wasn't trying to go for so much of a twist, to be fair. It's less an "oh my god I can't believe it!" and more of a "okay yeah that does make sense" response I was going for.
Not a workaholic comment without you telling me to remove the Estvalian stuff lmao! But yeah, Leilandry isn't gonna do it because she's nice. And I didn't want to draw too much parallels with elves, because elves are an actual different species and Estvalians are just humans with a different skin color so I thought comparing the two would be offensive. (But they do get compared later on by bigots)
Thanks, that means a lot. I was afraid it would come off as too predictable and/or too hokey and cliche'd.
She's actually not supposed to be older... she really is 15. In hindsight I conveyed that really poorly, the "or have an extraordinarily skilled teacher" line was meant to imply a dichotomy; she was either an adult, or had a skilled teacher, and because she had a skilled teacher ergo she really was 15.
No lol, the flame was more ceremonial than anything. Dragon eggs don't need incubation. They hatch whenever the plot dicta... ... Ahem. I mean, whenever fate determines the time is right. But temperature's got nothing to do with it, it's a magic bond sort of thing. (This will become a plot point in later books)
It's the good shit.
It wouldn't have been any more than a "keep your mouth shut" hiss.
I wonder...
Rip, sorry. People are people.
Yep. It's one of the things that I hate to write. It's Aria's biggest flaw, and she's totally being an irresponsible teacher here.
Hmm, this chapter seemed very... interesting. There's certainly a lot of stuff being hinted at, but I'm a little confused by the lack of concern for the guy who got into a car accident, seems like people would call somebody. Also, Richard just giving his card to an accident victim seems kind of weird.
Hmm, I'm not sure I really liked the introduction of this MC. He doesn't seem like a very interesting character to follow, I don't have much attachment to him. It seemed very much like we were being told stuff about him, rather than experiencing it through him.