Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Jul 31, 2026
To:Mara
me too! I want to get back to it soon but there’s just so much writing 😭
Hokkaido gals!
yep I thought this chapter was a great representation of the entirety of the story. horrifying, tragic violence, abandoned, empty world, and a group of kids trying to hold it together till the very end while they mourn the life they’ll never get.
thus far, about half of this is brand new. everything else is reworked. part of it was I was writing for all audiences requirement so there was less sex and suicide. Kureha didn’t do the knife routine in the first version. Shiona’s only fans stuff was just hinted at. and the characters were all a little more one dimensional because I wanted them to be representative of the five stages of grief. it worked in that version, but in the end I wanted more realistic people. also I’m adding in a bit more of the end of the world color around the story, like the scientists broadcasts etc. they only briefly were shown previously.
yep I imagined that there would be plenty who just couldn’t process it and would in turn just lose their mind.
that’s what I love about this. it’s going to get very dark and very sad in a lot of ways, but the kids are going to endure. there’s a bitter hope to that.
exactly. I liked this couple as a brief interaction. again, I was inspired by The Little Prince, so the first half of this story will draw from that a lot, just small moments of meeting all these different people who are all approaching death in very different ways.
I really wanted this story to focus on that existential aspect. so many “end of the world” stories are about society devolving, aka The Road, Last of Us, etc. I wanted to imagine something like a peaceful, tragic transition to the end. less roving bands of cannibals, more just people coming to terms with what it means if there’s truly nothing to hope for.
Jul 29, 2026
To:JWJournals
I love the idea that it’s simultaneously the worst and best place for her to wind up. I had some concept art out during the isekai contest last year that said “A Broken World Needed A Broken Soul” I think the ether chose Sayane for that exact reason.
precisely! but hey at least this one has a cute idol.
always! this first book is actually named Sing Your Soul! Part II, which is what I’m currently publishing, is called Still The Soul Sings.
yep! I didn’t want Sayane to be isekai’d in the usual manner, then just immediately embrace her new life. I wanted there to be trauma, loss, and an actual personal journey. thanks for checking it out!
Jul 28, 2026
I love that all the evildoers get together for their little club ball. So cute.
Jul 27, 2026
To:Jen_F
I liked this idea of their last section of the journey being the most dangerous, and another moment of Sayane’s lyrics having more meaning than she could have imagined.
Jul 25, 2026
everyone collectively got in a group chat and planned out how they would find a way to give Azag the little nudge he needed…