Don't have an account?
Already a Honeyfeed member?
Sep 15, 2021
To:Deleted User
Sabine is more of a Ueda-san if anybody.
Hint 1, Mochida =/= Elly.
We did see how he lost his parents, they were executed by Saekorians, he actually thinks about it a bit in one of the chapters.
I suppose that's as good as info-dumping can get.
I'm not sure if any of my relationships in that are a perfect parallel, since none of my characters are quite like Ueda-san. But I did basically copy-paste Daisuke x Mochida from a future relationship in The Heir of the Dragon, though (won't say who).
I mean, he was supposed to mirror Blake, that was my intention.
The plot feels draggy because at its core this is more of a slice-of-life series than a hero's journey.
The predator-prey relationship is just a cover. Ueda-san likes him as a friend quite a bit. (this is subject to retcon at a moment's notice)
Rip, didn't want it to seem info-dumpy.
Um... hmm. There's not a lot of people getting devoured in The Heir of the Dragon, unfortunately. It takes dragons a long time to grow that big.
That's big-picture stuff, I have no idea where to go to get there.
The problem is, I have literally nowhere to go with it. The whole thing stemmed out of a request from Blip anyway, I have zero vision beyond what I wrote here. Okay, next girl will be a tomboy, but beyond that, zero vision.
The comedy comes from the horrifying things she says with a straight face.
I just need another summer break with no students.
It's absurdist dark comedy.