Jun 19, 2026
Author's Commentary #300:
Time to talk about Chapter 300: Iori-chan's soggy Důras gambit.
We've now officially made it to 300 chapters. As I like to make every 100th chapter a bit fanservice-heavy, this one is no different with Iori now stripped to her soggy undergarments as she plays Indira. As previously mentioned, this only came to be because one, it's the 300th chapter, and two, I wanted to incorporate a fanservicy chapter into the main story, so as not to disrupt the flow of the match.
Speaking of the match, Iori finally played a Důras gambit. The Důras gambit is another one of my favorite openings, so naturally my favorite character in the series had to play it and win with it.
And with that, Japan's now looking like they'll beat India, or at the very worst draw. Mimoko's match against Ishika will naturally decide it, so look forward to that thrilling finale. On a separate note, thanks to everyone that's supported and read this series thus far. At this point, this series is my magnum opus, and I doubt I'll end up writing anything longer than it ever again. And I really do mean that, as I have lots more planned for EPGM as with all these new characters being introduced, I naturally want them to reappear again in future arcs. Once again, thanks to all the support, and here's to another 300 chapters of En Passant Grandmaster.
That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.