Oct 25, 2021
To:Workaholic
Agreed, like I said below though, 5th century swords still very much so exist and could most certainly still kill you.
The point being if some war occured where both armies completly exhausted themselves(this is seemingly post-apocaliptic remember), then the idea an old gun migth still be usefull seems wholly believably.
I'd rather defend myself with an ancient sword, then my bare fists. In fact this isn't even rare, the Gundam franchise has a very climatic battle where they forego their star wars laser swords and rifles, to instead use conventual museum rapiers.
Ghost in the shell puts particularly emphasis on the one member of the strike team who still carries a regular revolver.
So yes I see your point but it seems neither unusual or unbelievable to me at least😊👍.
I live in Ireland and if the rest of the world where to blow itself to nuclear bits, then a single gun from hundreds of years ago would suddenly seem quite powerful. We have only a small defence force and no means of constructing our own arms. It's far from the realm of believability 😎👍.