Apr 22, 2026
Author's Commentary #782:
Time to talk about Chapter 782: Yuusuke's lineage.
I struggled a bit coming up with the title for this chapter. But now that the lore dump has reveled the name of the man in the bunnysuit, it's time to do his bio.
ボン・コール (Bon Cöhl) is how Bon's name would be spelled in katakana. Bon is heavily inspired by Don Calma from Shokugeki no Soma. As such, his name is a parody of his.
His birthday is May 23rd, which he shares with Russian and former Soviet grandmaster and 12th World Chess Champion, Anatoly Karpov.
His favorite piece is the queen.
As stated previously, Bon is based heavily off Don Calma from Shokugeki no Soma in terms of design. In fact, the whole reason I ended up putting him in a bunnysuit was to try and further differentiate his design from Don's. Personality-wise, they're completely different though.
Bon is Yuusuke's biological father, though Yuusuke was actually conceived artificially via an injection. Thus, Bon claims this means he still counts as a virgin. There's probably a chance I'll do a full backstory between Hagemi and Bon later down the line, but for now, it's just the summary.
That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.