Mario Nakano 64

Mario Nakano 64

It's a me. I'm an aspiring light novel writer hoping to one day see my works in anime form. I hope that my works at least brighten up your day and give you something to look forward to.

registered at: Jun 30, 2023
MyAnimeList iconMyAnimeList icon
Roles
  • Author
  • Artist
  • Badge

    badge-gold

    gold
    Achievements








    Jul 23, 2026

    [Game log #422]

    Here's the game from Chapter 874 between Mimoko and Svetlana. I've also included a bonus sequence showing how the game could have gone if I stuck with what I originally got.

    [Event "N/A"]
    [Site "Minato, Tokyo"]
    [Date "2025.02.07"]
    [Round "N/A"]
    [White "Svetlana Smirnova (2670)"]
    [Black "Mimoko Inoue (2802)"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [Link "https://www.chess.com/analysis"]

    1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 3. cxd5 cxd5 4. Nf3 Nf6 5. Nc3 e6 6. Ne5 Nbd7 7. Qa4 Bd6 8. Bf4 Qb6 9. Nb5 Bb8 10. e3 O-O 11. Bd3 a6 12. O-O Nxe5 13. dxe5 Nd7 14. Qa3 Bxe5 15. Rac1 Bxf4 16. exf4 Nf6 17. h3 Bd7 18. Nd6 Bc6 19. g3 Rfd8 20. Rfd1 Qc7 21. Nxf7 Qxf7 22. Re1 Kh8 23. Qc5 d4 24. Qe5 Re8 25. Rc2 Rad8 26. b3 Rd5 27. Qe2 Qc7 28. Bc4 Rh5 29. h4 e5 30. Qd1 Qd7 31. Bf1 e4 32. Bg2 d3 33. Rc3 d2 34. Re2 Rd5 35. Rc2 Rd8 36. Re3 Qg4 37. Bf3 exf3 38. Kh2 Rh5 39. Kg1 Qh3 40. Qxd2 Qg2# 0-1

    [Bonus]
    [Event "N/A"]
    [Site "Minato, Tokyo"]
    [Date "2025.02.07"]
    [Round "N/A"]
    [White "Svetlana Smirnova (2670)"]
    [Black "Mimoko Inoue (2802)"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [Link "https://www.chess.com/analysis"]

    1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 3. cxd5 cxd5 4. Nf3 Nf6 5. Nc3 e6 6. Ne5 Nbd7 7. Qa4 Bd6 8. Bf4 Qb6 9. Nb5 Bb8 10. e3 O-O 11. Bd3 a6 12. O-O Nxe5 13. dxe5 Nd7 14. Qa3 Bxe5 15. Rac1 Bxf4 16. exf4 Nf6 17. h3 Bd7 18. Nd6 Bc6 19. g3 Rfd8 20. Rfd1 Qc7 21. Nxf7 Qxf7 22. Re1 Kh8 23. Qc5 d4 24. Qe5 Re8 25. Rc2 Rad8 26. b3 Rd5 27. Qe2 Qc7 28. Bc4 Rh5 29. h4 e5 30. Qd1 Qd7 31. Bf1 e4 32. Bg2 d3 33. Rc3 d2 34. Re2 Rd5 35. Rc2 Rd8 36. Re3 Qg4 37. Bf3 exf3 38. Kh2 Qd7 39. Rxf3 Ng4+ 40. Kg1 Qe6 41. Re3 Nxe3 42. f5 Nxd1 43. fxe6 Nxf2 44. Rxd2 Rxd2 45. Kh2 Rd1 46. g4 R8d3 47. a4 Nxg4# 0-1

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    En Passant Grandmaster cover
    En Passant Grandmaster
    Chapter:874

    Jul 23, 2026

    Author's Commentary #874:

    Time to talk about Chapter 874: Mimoko vs Svetlana.
    Whenever a chapter is released on Mimoko's birthday, you can always expect a game. This time, we actually get a big game as Mimoko's opponent is none other than Svetlana, who now after 874 chapters, finally gets her first on-screen game in the series. Kind of surprising it's taken so long, but now, the last major recurring character from Season 1 has finally gotten a game.

    As the two are sitting with their backs to each other, they're forced to call out the moves their making on their respective boards. Since this is actually a DESPER match, players will actually move the pieces their opponents moved automatically, even if their opponent doesn't say anything. If I'm being honest, I'm not a fan of this being a DESPER match, and kind of tacked it on just to make things seem more interesting. I'll have more to say on that once the Side Story concludes next chapter.

    As for the game itself, it was played against Chess.com's 2600-rated level 22 engine bot. Originally, the game was 47 moves and ended with a more stylish knight capture checkmate, however, I went with this because in order to get said sequence, Mimoko would have needed to blunder. The game still would have been overwhelmingly in her favor, but considering she'd be able to spot the mating sequence easily, there was no way to justify her missing it. That said, I'll show the original as a bonus in the game log in celebration of Mimoko's birthday today.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    En Passant Grandmaster cover
    En Passant Grandmaster
    Chapter:874