Aug 30, 2026
Author's Commentary #912:
It's finally time to talk about the finale to Season 12, Chapter 912: The humiliated maestro.
With this one, I'll admit I'm already making plans on how to integrate it into the volumes. Most notably, I'll have this occur before the jobber-off, and probably before 2025 in-universe.
Speaking of time, the dates for this and some of the other recent arcs have really messed with the flow of things for me. I'll try and fix things in the volumes, but, here, I do apologize that things are happening in so short a time frame. That said, I feel Season 12 as a whole had more highs than lows.
Yes, I did rush through the Xiao Lin game, and probably could have added some more banter, but there was Hui's game as well as the setup chess game and Bao's 960 game. The atomic chess and 3-check games were also nice as was the pawnstorm king of the hill game and of course the hot spring game between Mimoko and Svetlana. Not to mention, the final chapter featured all the main cast members, even Yuusuke. Doesn't mean Yuusuke will be getting more big roles, but at least he made an appearance.
That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.