Mario Nakano 64

Mario Nakano 64

It's a me. I'm an aspiring light novel writer hoping to one day see my works in anime form. I hope that my works at least brighten up your day and give you something to look forward to.

registered at: Jun 30, 2023
MyAnimeList iconMyAnimeList icon
Roles
  • Author
  • Artist
  • Badge

    badge-gold

    gold
    Achievements









    Sep 23, 2026

    Author's Commentary #145: [Bonus]

    Here's a third bonus Author's Commentary for Chapter 145: Three wonderful years of Yumi and Spice of Life.
    Yumi's finally able to speak now, meaning we'll have to reread old chapters to hear her babbling again. The triplets have also grown into some mischievous troublemakers.

    As for the bit about the candy at the end, it's in reference to the En Passant Grandmaster chapter I released today where Yumi ends up playing an old man back in early 2025, but being too young to eat the candy. That said, the old man there might still be around at this time in-universe here, while it's his friend that gave Yumi the candy recently. Either way, I left it ambiguous deliberately.

    Speaking of chapters, I've also released a special chapter in its own novel which showcases Yumi's actual birth. It's a little over 200 words, so it's not much, but I felt it was worth mentioning.

    And that's all for this time. Once again, thank you for all your support over the years. Like Escape:Witch, Spice of Life holds a special place in my heart, mainly because it was one of my first big series. I initially was just going to just do a few chapters and be done, but reader interest pushed me to continue, and lo and behold, it's my second-longest work to date surpassed only by EPGM. Rika and co might not see much action here, but they certainly are in my other works. Thank you once again for all your support. Here's to many more years of Spice of Life.

    That's all for the author's commentaries of the series. I hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    Spice of life [Remake] cover
    Spice of Life [Remake]
    Chapter:145





    Sep 23, 2026

    Author's Commentary #936:

    Time to talk about Chapter 936: Rika's wealth of knowledge.
    It's Spice of Life Day, meaning the chapter releasing on it must be themed around it. Rika giving Okisato some hints was the best I could think of. However, the second half of the chapter was actually inspired by something completely different.

    Recently, a story broke on Chess.com regarding the passing of a 96-year old man named, Dionisio Sganzerla, better known as Mr. Dionisio, who was said to have played chess with people at a mall in Goiânia, Brazil for 20 years. I'd sadly never heard of him until reading the article, but his story touched me so much, I decided to pay homage to him. The implication here is that both him and a parody version of himself exist in-universe, much in a similar vane to Vishy and Kasparov having Virat and Ian, respectively, as their parodies, but also exist within the EPGM-verse, just not showing up on-screen, only being mentioned in historical context and in regards to opening names. Now, let's learn a bit more about Mr. Dionysius.

    ディオニュシウス・ゴイアニア (Dionysius Goiânia) is how his name would be spelled in katakana.

    His birthday is September 6th, which is in reference to the fact that the man he's based off of, Mr. Dionisio, was 96 years old.

    His favorite piece is the king.

    As for the candy bit, it's another nod to Mr. Dionisio who was known to give out candy to those he played. Mr. Dionysius does the same, though Yumi's still a little too young to eat candy, so Rika instead frames the candy. In the Spice of Life 3rd-year anniversary chapter which takes place on September 23rd, 2026, Yumi's three and able to eat candy, though sadly, one of the old men who played chess with her is said to have passed. It was shortly before, so it's not like Yumi ate year-old candy. I left things ambiguous as to who that man was in the chapter, though here I'll imply that perhaps Mr. Dionysius managed to bring his friend, Mr. Dionisio, to Ryokoma to play Yumi. I won't confirm or deny anything outright, but I will say, that Mr. Dionysius is a Brazilian DSPCM, though prefers to play more out in the open during the day. At night, he's in his secret puzzle cafe at the mall in Goiânia.

    One final thing I'll state is that while Mr. Dionysius does wear a purple hat and tie, it's in contrast to Mr. Dionisio's blue hat and tie he was known for wearing. Mr. Dionysius is not the infamous Grandpadaddy, who is also an old man that wears a purple hat, albeit without a purple tie. Finally, I'll confirm Mr. Dionysius won't have a major role in this arc. He's just there as a tribute to Mr. Dionisio. Finally, Happy Spice of Life Day, everyone.

    That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.

    icon-reaction-1
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-2
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-3
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-4
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-5
    Loading...
    icon-reaction-6
    Loading...
    0
    En Passant Grandmaster cover
    En Passant Grandmaster
    Chapter:936