Sep 14, 2026
Author's Commentary #927:
Time to talk about Chapter 927: Trimming the grass.
While the chapter is short, the backstory behind it is a bit longer. As some might remember, a little over a year ago, I visited Sanryosuimon Memorial Park in Kawaguchi. At the time, I remember the grass being completely mowed, however, when I visited it recently, the grass was overgrown.
At first, I got sad, thinking the place had been neglected, but after pulling up a photo I took when I first visited, I saw that in it, the grass was grown, though not as overgrown, leading me to assume that the grass does indeed get trimmed after it grows to a certain point. Though regardless, the lore in-universe is that it grows and gets trimmed semi-regularly, at least until the chess center was put in. After that, the grass is always trimmed and never overgrown. Finally, much like the previous chapter, this one is canon. It also means Mimoko's first encounter with Yuusuke was indeed him jumping out of the tall grass to scare her. Perhaps this might be why she didn't quite fall for him like he did for her.
That's all for this commentary. I hope you enjoyed it.